Corsair Community

Asus K8V SE Deluxe and CMX512-3200C2, please advise

zirnozz

I have two sticks of CMX512-3200LL installed currently (XMS3205v1.2 / 0407081 / 2326) in my K8V SE Deluxe MB. I have one slot left and I attempted to install a stick of CMX512-3200C2 (XMS3202v4.2 / 0503072-0), but got a "DIMM timing mismatch" error on bootup. The system refuses to do anything at that point. Is this RAM incompatible with my system after all? If so, what do I need instead that's comparable? Thanks in advance for all replies!

Swap the C2 stick for a revision 1.2 LL stick and you should be fine.

He's going to have to downshift to 333 or possibly slower to use that third slot.

If the two Corsair 512 sticks in use are double-sided (I think they are) then the third slot is disabled when running at 400.

As described elsewhere - This motherboard only supports 4 ranks of DDR400 memory. If two dual ranked DIMMs are used, the 3rd socket is disabled. At DDR 400 total RAM capacity is also limited to 2 gigabytes.

• 2 weeks later...
If the two Corsair 512 sticks in use are double-sided (I think they are) then the third slot is disabled when running at 400.

As described elsewhere - This motherboard only supports 4 ranks of DDR400 memory. If two dual ranked DIMMs are used, the 3rd socket is disabled. At DDR 400 total RAM capacity is also limited to 2 gigabytes.

Thanks for responding. How do I know if these sticks are double-sided?

This is what I currently have installed in the first two slots:

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/specs/cmx512-3200ll.pdf

edit: I noticed "two bank" at the top of the pdf. I guess I'm out of luck here...

Archived