Corsair Community

HS50 Sound Quality ?

Dicehunter

Can anyone at Corsair give an answer as to the sound quality compared to something like a Beyerdynamic 990 ? I'm not expecting on par but just a reference point would help.

I currently have the wireless Void Pro's and Beyerdynamic 770/880 and 990's, Looking to add something new to my little collection.

I am considering getting these simply because I haven't tried a Corsair wired headset out since my old 1500's a few years ago plus they will be plugged into my Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5.

So, Worth adding to the collection ?

• Corsair Employees

Sound quality is always going to be preferential and subjective, and I highly, highly...highly recommend trying a set on to hear the difference for yourself. But to give you my personal opinion, the HS50 lows are pretty prominent, with high a little mellow for my taste. All this could easily be dialed out with some time customizing the EQ levels, which I haven't yet. Fitment wise, they are more inline with your Beyerdynamic than our Void by design, and are very comfortable.

At $50.00 MSRP in the US, they are very competitive with other headsets priced higher, but the Beyerdynamics may be a stretch.

Edited by Corsair Nick