Corsair Community

Please Help for NOOB :D

hk401

Hello, I just bought a computer from CyperpowerPC. The case Corsair 570x come with 3x SP 120 RGB in the front and it's working fine. Then I added 3x LL series fans and it's only light up "white", I can't change it to any other color? Anyone know how to set up SP and LL series ?:[pouts:

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Hello, I just bought a computer from CyperpowerPC. The case Corsair 570x come with 3x SP 120 RGB in the front and it's working fine. Then I added 3x LL series fans and it's only light up "white", I can't change it to any other color? Anyone know how to set up SP and LL series ?:[pouts:

Thanks

Do you have them all connected to the inbuilt RGB fan controller? If so, I'm fairly sure that it won't work, because you can't mix the 2 different types of fan on the one controller.

Snapper is correct. The SP RGB and LL RGB fans cannot be used on the same 6-port LED hub due to fundamental differences in how those fans work.

Snapper is correct. The SP RGB and LL RGB fans cannot be used on the same 6-port LED hub due to fundamental differences in how those fans work.

So what should I do to be able put both together? yeah i love the LL series, but trying to save money instead of buying 6 LL series. Anyone can walk me through?

im noob that y i didn't build the computer. Thanks :D

When you bought the LL fans, did you get the triple pack with a Lighting Node Pro? Or 3 singles?

I got the Lighting Node Pro package, but i didn't use it. I plugged it in the Lighting Node Pro that came with the SP120 Fans. I was trying to install extra Lighting Node Pro that came with the LL series but my motherboard doesn't have enough USB header.

I'm assuming you mean that you have the Asus Maximus X, not the Crosshair. Crosshair is AMD, Maximus is Intel.

So ... you've got two USB 2.0 headers on the Maximus X with 1 for front panel and 1 for the Lighting? 1 Lighting Node Pro can control 2 fan LED controllers ... not sure if that helps you.

Other options ... if you notice, the Lighting Node Pro takes a Mini-USB plug. If you can route a cable outside of your case, you can get any Mini-USB cable, plug it into the LNP and then plug in to a standard USB port. There are also adapters that will take an internal USB 2.0 header and provide 2 USB Type A Ports (like this: https://www.amazon.com/9-Pin-Header-Female-Internal-Adapter/dp/B017APXXOW/ref=pd_sim_147_10?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TJP2W8HDP0C3YAQ7C60P). NZXT also makes an internal USB 2.0 hub that would work - I and several others on this board use this. (https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Internal-Controller-Black-AC-IUSBH-M1/dp/B01IFGFTJ2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1510885824&sr=1-1&keywords=NZXT+USB+hub&dpID=41jZiWplZML&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch). Last, but certainly not least, there's always the Commander Pro (https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Fan-Controller-Commander-CL-9011110-WW/dp/B0725HP1J2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1510885862&sr=1-1&keywords=Corsair+Commander+Pro&dpID=41XYWUkSfRL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch) that'll handle fan and RGB control as well as temperature sensors ... and also provides 2 additional USB 2.0 headers for other devices.