Corsair Community

Can Commander Pro Control D5 Pumps?

Kani

Hello everyone,

do you have experience in using the commander pro to control your D5 pump?

I was going to buy the VPP655-PWM and i was wondering if it´s possible to connect it to the commander pro´s fan connector to control the speed depending on the system temperature.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have an EK variant of the D5, the one with the 4-pin PWM and only 2-pins connected (EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM). My experience with Corsair fan controllers was "mixed".

I did not have much luck controlling it with a CLCM or CLCP using LINK. The speed oscillated too much for my liking. Plus, the instability of LINK (at the time) caused me too many concerns.

In the end I decided that it was too risky to control the pump with LINK software and moved it to the motherboard.

Very happy with the results:

- Hardware controlled pump

- Software controlled fans

Hello everyone,

do you have experience in using the commander pro to control your D5 pump?

I was going to buy the VPP655-PWM and i was wondering if it´s possible to connect it to the commander pro´s fan connector to control the speed depending on the system temperature.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dustin,

Thanks for adding input.

Is the 4000 RPM issue a hardware or software thing? Are there any plans to address it?

This is my pump, I guess a "D5" is a "D5" no matter what sticker is on it?

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-140-revo-d5-pwm-plexi-incl-sl-pump

You are correct, it does go above 4000 RPM.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1600x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/e/k/ek-d5-g2_pwm_response_1_1_1.jpg

It also only uses 2 of 4 pins on the PWM connection. Would this cause issues too?

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1600x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/e/k/ek-xres_140_revo_d5_pwm_plexi_04_1.jpg

Kind regards,

Pip

What's the RPM range that pump runs at?

An issue you'll run into on the CLCP is that the CLCP is limited to a 4000 RPM maximum. If the pump exceeds that, it won't be able to control it.

Is the 4000 RPM issue

He didnt say it was an issue lol... he said you will have an issue using the Commander pro to control something it wasn't designed to control. hence the Fans tab in the commander pro section in link is called fans and not pumps ;) urgo it doesn't need addressing ;)

Thought best to clear that up before it went all Chinese whisper style lol ;)

Edited by Zotty

Thanks for your answers!

I unterstand that a D5 pump can be connected to the commander pro but this will result in max. 80% pump performance due to ampere limit of the commander pro.

To have stable RMP and beeing able to push to pump to 100% i will connect the pump to my mobo pwm-waterpump connector.

Thanks a lot for your support.

• Like 1