Corsair Community

My Corsair STRAFE Red is mistyping like it's possessed.

mikhaelgonato

I bought my Corsair STRAFE about 15 months ago, it was fine until yesterday.

I was playing Dota 2 and then suddenly it took like 50 screenshots in a row, I thought it was just a glitch or something and then decided to ignore it. Then suddenly most of the top row keys in my keyboard is dead. I unplugged then plugged it and it works well for like 1 min, but whenever I press some keys who died it goes mental and then dies again. I've read lots of post here how to fix this kb (Reinstalling CUE, cleaning registry, system restore, etc.,) but nothing happened. I have NEVER spilt anything on my keyboard and I have taken care of it well.

During it was starting to act up it popped up some window with the CUE logo on it saying.

"This application failed to start because it could not find or load Qt platform plugin "windows" in "". Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I have no idea what it means, so I assumed it isn't a hardware problem, with me resorting to reinstalling drivers and stuff.

I assumed wrong, I plugged it in my laptop and then it does it's things again.

Works well for a minute, and then get's acts up and it's getting difficult type with a normal keyboard.

I'm getting desperate I might resort to do RMA (Which I have no idea how to start, I've yet to read the rules there)

Any suggestions?

Update:

The dead keys are:

F12

Printscreen

Scroll Lock

Pause/Break

Insert

Home

Page Up

"\"

"}"

Enter

It's been plugged for 20 mins in my laptop. I opened a notepad to record the keystroke, the scroll lock blinks every 5 mins and it keeps typing this key "\"

Edited by mikhaelgonato

Try performing a soft reset of the keyboard by going through the steps bellow:

1) Unplug the keyboard

2) Hold ESC, and insert the USB with the keyboard logo into a USB 3.0 port

3) Release ESC after 5 secs

I did a soft reset, the keys are still dead.

On the contrary, whenever I don't do a soft reset it works for like a minute and as soon as I press some of the dead keys it does it's things again.

There are a couple other steps you can try. First, hold the Winlock and F1 for 10 sec while connected to your laptop. This should stop the blinking Scroll Lock light. If the issue continues, I would submit a support ticket and request a hard firmware reset.

https://support.corsair.com/

Already submitted a ticket, I hope I won't resort to RMA.

There are a couple other steps you can try. First, hold the Winlock and F1 for 10 sec while connected to your laptop. This should stop the blinking Scroll Lock light. If the issue continues, I would submit a support ticket and request a hard firmware reset.

https://support.corsair.com/

I've submitted and they've reviewed my ticket. They didn't provide me some files to do a hard firmware reset instead they approved my RMA. I don't want an RMA yet cause it takes too long. I would resort to that if all else fails, I don't believe this is a hardware problem.

Edited by mikhaelgonato