Corsair Community

USB splitter for multiple Corsair Link devices?

douglasl

I have at least 2 Corsair Link devices - cooler and power supply - each of which wants its own USB 2.0 header. But I only have 1 USB 2.0 header on my motherboard.

Which option would you recommend?

1) Connect both with a splitter that converts the single USB 2.0 header into 2 or 4. But I've read customer comments on Amazon that Corsair Link devices don't work with "shared" USB.

2) Connect only the cooler and skip the power supply.

3) Connect the 2nd device to an available USB 3.0 header with a USB 3.0-to-USB 2.0 adapter.

4) Connect the 2nd device by getting an add-in card that provides an additional internal USB 2.0 header along with (typically) a couple external USB ports.

Thank you!

-Doug

Many people use this. The old ones were a raw circuit board (like I have). They were popular so they refined it a bit. My fairly expensive ASUS X99-DELUXE-II has a grand total of ONE USB2.0 header. This little device solved the problem.

https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub

I second that. I have the exact same hub and it works like a charm. I also have my case's front-panel USB 2.0 plugged into it.

Another option, however, is to get an old-school mini-USB cable and route the cable outside your case and plug into a USB port on the back of your motherboard. I did that before I got he NZXT hub and that also worked like a charm.