Corsair Community

twinx1024 xms3200 xlpt issues

deathpenguin

When i first installed this memory i ran prime95 torture test and had an error free run for about 8 hours and this memory was working fine for just under a fortnight when i started getting bsod at the end of windows loading, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. This turned out to be asus smartdoctor, however i initially thought this bsod was caused by my memory which led me to start testing with prime95 which produced an error within 5 minutes for either stick. The next day one stick is performing perfectly and one is still failing prime95 and memtest had 6 errors in 8 passes in different locations (all around the 360mb area tho). I have tried each stick in every slot and tried the two latest bios for my mobo. Is it likely that one stick could die like this when absolutely no overclocking or hardware changes have been made?

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure you have the latest BIOS installed for your MB and load optimized defaults settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

TwinX512 Or Twinx1024-3200xl

Genie BIOS/DRAM Configuration

DRAM Frequency Set: 1:1 or 333MHz or 166 (if option are 133/166/200)

Command Per Clock: 1T

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

Genie BIOS

Clock Spread Spectrum: Enabled

CPU/DRAM ratio: 1:1 or 100%

DRAM Voltage 2.75 volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI 9200 or 9600 then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Archived