Corsair Community

Correct voltage for D875PBZLK and TWINX1024-3200C2PT?

kengregg

I have a newer version of the Intel D875PBZLK motherboard (C26680-303), and am using the timing settings you gave me in a previous post: SDRAM Freq = 400, CPC Override = disabled, tRASmin = 6, tCL = 2, tRCD = 3, tRP = 3. You had also asked that I set the DDR voltage to 2.7V, but on my older version of the motherboard, there was no way to control the DDR voltage, so I just ran with whatever the board was providing.

My question is this...In the new version of the D875PBZLK motherboard, it does allow me to control the DDR voltage, but the four possible settings are:

2.625 Volts (default setting)

2.675 Volts

2.725 Volts

2.775 Volts

Which one is the correct (or most correct and safe) setting for the TWINX1024-3200C2PT? Do I set it to the closest one to 2.7 that doesn't exceed 2.7 (e.g., 2.675), leave it at the default 2.625, or exceed 2.7 with one of the other settings?

I'm primarily interested in stability/reliability - speed is important, but is secondary to reliability for this machine.

Thanks very much for your help with this.

• Corsair Employees

With your Intel D875PBZ MB and our TwinX1024-3200C2PT; please set the following setting, but before making the necessary changes please make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed on your MB.

TwinX512 or TwinX1024-3200C2

SDRAM Frequency - 400

CPC Override - DISABLED

SDRAM tRASmin - 6

SDRAM tCL - 2

SDRAM tRCD - 3

SDRAM tRP - 3

DDR Voltage 2.7 V

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Yes, thanks for confirming these settings. I actually received these settings from you in a previous post (about another system). I do have the latest BIOS, and the Memtest86+ passes just fine. But the question is specifically what the voltage setting should be. You said 2.7V, but there are exactly four settings available in this version of the MB/BIOS:

2.625 Volts (default setting)

2.675 Volts

2.725 Volts

2.775 Volts

There is no way to change the voltage to any other value.

So, the question is: Which one is the safest/most stable/most appropritate setting of the four listed above?

Thanks for your help.

Archived