Corsair Community

400C front panel clear

errror

My local store only had the white 400C.. and i needed a new PC fast so i bought the 400C and went home..

Problem with the white 400C is that i want the front to be clear or semi-clear. I know that the 460X front panel is not compatible with the 400C (i did my research).

Is there a solution to have the front of the white 400C clear or semi-clear ?

I've totally removed the front and intend to leave it like that.. the look isn't that great but atleast i can see the RGB fans and color effect.

A frame bevel of some sort to hide all the holes would be appreciated too. How bout the top magnetic white mesh ? could it be possible to make a longer wider one that could fit the front ?

Any chance to produce a transparent or semi transparent facia for the 400C ?

Edited by errror

• Corsair Employees
My local store only had the white 400C.. and i needed a new PC fast so i bought the 400C and went home..

Problem with the white 400C is that i want the front to be clear or semi-clear. I know that the 460X front panel is not compatible with the 400C (i did my research).

Is there a solution to have the front of the white 400C clear or semi-clear ?

I've totally removed the front and intend to leave it like that.. the look isn't that great but atleast i can see the RGB fans and color effect.

A frame bevel of some sort to hide all the holes would be appreciated too. How bout the top magnetic white mesh ? could it be possible to make a longer wider one that could fit the front ?

Any chance to produce a transparent or semi transparent facia for the 400C ?

Sounds like a fun DIY project. As far as producing a clear front for the 400C, I do not think that's a priority at this time given that we have the 460X with that exact feature.

You could try your hand at bending/cutting some clear acrylic to fashion a custom front panel or modify the stock front panel with a clear window as a solution.

i understand... but doing my research i noticed alot of people wanting to replace the facia on the 400c.... not just me. (im sure you noticed it too)

Where can i buy larger sample of the top white mesh so that i can cut it to fit the front ?

i've never see a rubber mesh like that.. and i don't think i can find it in my area.

A longer wider white mesh with magnetic to hide the front holes would do the trick. but more than that it would be cheaper just to buy a new casing.

after talking to the store manager i was able to trade the 400c for a 460X RGB

But first i had to bring a 460X RGB home and do the motherboard switch from 400c to 460X.. doing so i noticed that you can actually use the 460X front panel on the 400C frame. You have to thinker some but it is perfectly doable.

The opposite can not be done though.. you can't use the 400C front panel on the 460X..because of the clips.. But you can use the 460X front panel on the 400C frame.. i didn't bother trying.. Only 4 screws is needed to fix the 460x front panel..

The front mesh of the 460x can also be placed on the 400C . Since it is larger and wider it will hide all the holes... the opposite is also true..

Since im returning the 400C for a full refund im not gona try to mess with the 400C case.

Took me over 2 hours to hide the cables on the 460x..

I've moved the 3 RGB corsair fans that came with the case else where though because i didn't like the flashing effect. I put the Deepcool RF in the front.

The 460x does not have a side door like the 400C.. so you have to remove the 4 screws everytime you need to access

I also added 16gb Corsair RGB DDR4 ram..