Corsair Community

Quick Question RE: HD120 and SP120 + Link - Commander PRO

shinken

I'm building a new rig and I've gone basically full Corsair/ASUS for all of the components. As far as the case, I purchased the Crystal Series 570X, so I'll have the 3 SP120 fans as well as a 3-pack of HD120 fans. I have a few questions.

1.) Is there any cross-platform RGB control for ASUS Aura with Corsair RGB? (Not really an issue, just a curiosity.)

2.) Can The HD120 fans be customized fully without the Commander PRO, (as in individual LED color changes/modes)? (I was considering a blue and green effect, but the Commander PRO was too much to purchase currently, along with an entire new PC.)

3.) Can The Link software control syncing different modes of the SP120s and the HD120s without a Commander PRO? (Given that they are plugged into the same controller.)

Thank you!

1)No and you are going to want the Aura program doing as little as possible. It looks like they finally got a basic version of the program working without catastrophic side effects, but time will tell.

2) No, you need the Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro to take advantage of the specific or customized lighting effects. With the basic controller, its the 7 colors plus some flash effects, most of which are going to be really bright. A LNP or C-Pro is worth it for the brightness control alone. I am not sure I would even use my HD fans without having the ability to use Link software for the color controls.

3) The HD and SP-RGB each have their own small "lighting hub" that in turn connects to the C-Pro or LNP. You can sync them somewhat, but be aware the fans look quite different to each other and it will not be a seamless effect. You can plug the power fan lines all into the C-Pro, but you still must run the lighting line to the two separate lighting hubs.

I see, thanks! My poor bank account can't take any more atm, unfortunately. But I'll get the C-PRO soon enough. If the HD fans really are that bright, I might make them the rear/top tower fans, rather than the front until I can crank the brightness down.