Corsair Community

H115i Pump dead after 7 1/2 months.

cdelpero

My pump died and I can no longer use my PC, but I urgently need it for business. Corsair's support is down and I am unable to make a ticket. How does the RMA process work? I don't have the original box anymore. I'll be buying a replacement cooler asap so I don't want a replacement, especially since it's likely to fail as well. Can I expect a cash refund once the unit is shipped back?

Yes, Corsair will replace the unit, but you are likely going to be responsible for the shipping cost to them on the current one.

I very much understand the second aspect of the problem and these days everyone may want a back-up cooling system. If you have a case that is easy to get in and out of, a medium size air tower makes a lot of sense. They don't expire sitting in a box and have very few moving parts to worry about. However, some models are ridiculously hard to install or require taking the board out of the case, so that might be not an asset. You may also have tall DRAM modules that prevent most air coolers from fitting. For this reason, I also have a back-up water cooler for my X99 system. I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but I am in the same boat as you and if you can't go more than 24 hours without, you need some redundancies.

Can you take it up with the retailer that you bought it from? They should have a record of when you bought it and they may send you a replacement.

I bought it from newegg, their replacement program only extends to 45 days. I'm just buying a new water cooler without an aluminum radiator, and the h115i will just stay in its box if I'm forced to get a new one.

If corsair must send me a product and not cash, I wonder if I could just get some RAM sticks instead? I actually wouldn't mind upgrading my current corsair lpx 2133 to 4000.