Corsair Community

Bad Memory AGAIN?! VS512MB400!

ryan2k5

Ok - i returned the VS1GBKIT memory that had the error... and I was sent a pack of VS512MB400 - I decided I would test in a secondary PC (identical system as my own - board,processor,cpu, VC) first - if i got errors this time I would know if it was my board or note (since it works PERFECTLY with samsung DDR400 mem...)

To my suprise - one stick had 26 errors -

Test 1: 1 Error (001b4631ac --436.1mb)

Test 4: 25 Errors (001cc89934 - 460.5mb)

The second one did not have any. I ran the tests on both sticks with memtest using the following BIOS settings in an A7N8X board.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz (333 FSB)

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Resulting Frequency: 166 MHz (333 FSB)

Memory Timing: User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

DDR Reference Voltage: 2.7 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Is this the quality I have heard so much about with corsair - whats going on here? Is there an issue with your RAM and A7N8X boards?

Please advise - asap - as this ram is going back and I am seriously thinking about purchusing the same Samsung RAM as my friend who has the secondary test machine.

Thank You,

Ryan

• Corsair Employees
It could be a processor, motherboard, or some other hardware issue, or maybe even a BIOS update. Do you have the latest BIOS installed on your machine? The BIOS settings that you have and posted seem right and set accordingly; only thing that I can recommend is to double check everything and make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed.

Archived