Corsair Community

CUE Remap Key to Language Key Is doing nothing

Lucridius

On both my K95 RGB Platinum and Scimitar Pro RGB.

Using the "Remap Key" option with the function set to "Typing Keys" and Key Section set to "Language Keys" selecting either

- Keyboard Lang 3 (katakana)

- Keyboard Lang 4 (Hiragana)

will cause nothing to happen. Looking at my selected keyboard on my task bar it doesn't change when the button is pressed, and trying to type while holding the button also does nothing.

If anyone knows what's going on here any information would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...
On both my K95 RGB Platinum and Scimitar Pro RGB.

Using the "Remap Key" option with the function set to "Typing Keys" and Key Section set to "Language Keys" selecting either

- Keyboard Lang 3 (katakana)

- Keyboard Lang 4 (Hiragana)

will cause nothing to happen. Looking at my selected keyboard on my task bar it doesn't change when the button is pressed, and trying to type while holding the button also does nothing.

If anyone knows what's going on here any information would be appreciated.

I know it's an old thread but I've tried it out as well but nothing worked. I'm learning 日本語 and I'd really love to make it work.

• 1 year later...

Man researching stuff is fun, lot of wasted time though!

So anyways the key-bind for switching between keyboard layouts (in this case languages) is "Windows Key + Space Bar"

The key-bind for typing in hiragana is "Ctrl + Caps Lock"

The key-bind for typing in katakana is "Alt + Caps Lock"

If for some reason like me you want to use your extra keys to do that in a single keystroke it's pretty simple, for hiragana/katagana just set up a Remap Keystroke in iCUE for those hotkeys

For switching between keyboard layouts it's a bit more complicated:

1. Start out by pressing "Windows Key + I" to open settings

2. Search/Go to "Advanced Keyboard Settings" and open "Language Bar Options"

3. Once it popped up go to "Advanced Key Settings" and "Change Key Sequence" for each keyboard layout you want to macro (Make the hot-key whatever ya want)

4. Now that you have each hot-key set and known go to iCUE and set up a Remap Keystroke for each of those hotkeys