Corsair Community

Cmx512re-3200llpt

dvgeek

I have a TWINX that I had purchased from NewEgg.com on 1/29/04. I just never got around to installing them. Recently I have tried installing them on ASUS P4P800Dlx with a 3.2Ghz P4 and on GigaByte KNXP with a 3.4GHz P4. On both the systems I get beeps (memory error) when I power on. Its the same on both systems.

Both the systems are fine with generic unbranded memory - but when I install the Corsair memory in place of the generic memory - I get the same error and the system(s) do(es) not boot. I have tried clearing the ROM (physically by removing the battery) but even this extreme measure does not help. The POST does not complete.

I have 7 systems 2 x P4 Prescott's, 2 x DualP4XEON's, 1 x P4 Northwood, 1 x Dual P3.

All self built - and have had no memory or MB problems. As the error is common on both motherboards - I have to suspect the memory.

Thanks.

I have a TWINX that I had purchased from NewEgg.com on 1/29/04. I just never got around to installing them. Recently I have tried installing them on ASUS P4P800Dlx with a 3.2Ghz P4 and on GigaByte KNXP with a 3.4GHz P4. On both the systems I get beeps (memory error) when I power on. Its the same on both systems.

Both the systems are fine with generic unbranded memory - but when I install the Corsair memory in place of the generic memory - I get the same error and the system(s) do(es) not boot. I have tried clearing the ROM (physically by removing the battery) but even this extreme measure does not help. The POST does not complete.

I have 7 systems 2 x P4 Prescott's, 2 x DualP4XEON's, 1 x P4 Northwood, 1 x Dual P3.

All self built - and have had no memory or MB problems. As the error is common on both motherboards - I have to suspect the memory.

Thanks.

Recommended Modules for the Asus P4P800 Deluxe

Recommended Modules for the Gigabyte GA-K8NNXP

neither board supports this memory as it's REGISTERED and ECC.

• Corsair Employee
Unfortunately the TwinX1024RE-3200LL or CMX512RE-3200LL modules will not be compatible with the ASUS P4P800 Dlx socket 478 motherboard. This motherboard only supports unbuffered DDR modules, not registered modules. Please go back to the place where you bought it from and tell them that you needed a TwinX1024-3200LL or CMX512-3200LL, without the "RE", RE simply stands for registered memory modules; and any of our products that have "RE/R/RLP" will tell you that it is a registered memory module! Hopefully this answers your question.

Archived