Corsair Community

More Wasted Time Via CUE

Era1626865224

Silly me. I was forced to waste a couple of hours yesterday after installing the latest version of CUE. I thought maybe they had fixed the problems I was having with my current version of CUE (unable to save a default hardware profile, not knowing if changes to actions and lighting were saved, having no way to figure out where to store the default profiles, really poor UI design things like that). I have the K95 Platinum (the version with 18 G keys, not the current one with only six). So here's what happened today. I foolishly trusted Corsair’s CUE software update. As soon as I installed their new version half my G keys became useless, unresponsive. What half? The upper half of the keys. Keys their new version of the keyboard doesn't have. Coincidence? Anyway, after wasting lots of time trying to figure out how to fix my now-dead keys (rebooting, reinstalling, redefining actions, and so on), I finally just resorted to rolling back CUE to the previous version (this too was a complicated waste of time, but I eventually got it to work after totally uninstalling CUE using the REVO uninstaller utility). Stay with me: Once I rolled back to the earlier version of the CUE software (2.15.83), the dead keys again responded to, you know, my pressing my fingers on them. Something we always want a keyboard to do, right? Why did I spend this much money on a keyboard that has software that so many of us have such a hard time figuring out? I believe that this company has little understanding of basic GUI design, and even less user-friendliness. They actually display a black-on-black (thus invisible) option button in one of their input boxes. Black on black. Unbelievable. The only way to interact with that box is to randomly click a few dozen times until you hit the right spot and then realize what you were seeing was an input box with a couple of options to choose from. I have never seen such a user interface in 30 years of working with computer applications. It's pretty rough, a pretty steep learning curve (via mostly trial and error, hidden behaviors, and so on) when you try to work with CUE, amplified by their lack of documentation. I guess you can tell I’m disgusted. And by looking at many of the messages in the Corsair forum, I’m not the only one.

and my problem is I have the Void RGB wireless.But it dosent seems to work wirelessly.It needs to be plug into my pc than to be able to turn on.But it always show that its full battery as the Green LED shines.Its been 9 month and im currently using the latest CUE version.

Attached is what I mean by invisible input boxes. An input box is a message box with user-input controls (such as checkboxes or, as in this example from the CUE setup app, option buttons). Somebody thought it would be a good idea to have the actual buttons you must click black against black so you can't see them. Very elementary user interface design bungup. (Thanks, Alex, for the link. I'll study those explications in my ongoing effort to piece together how to use this keyboard. I've had it for a year and still struggle to work with its software.)

1436153083_invisibletemp.jpg.ae68b20dd7b4ec3d826f81b73210cc5e.jpg

Edited by Era

and my problem is I have the Void RGB wireless.But it dosent seems to work wirelessly.It needs to be plug into my pc than to be able to turn on.But it always show that its full battery as the Green LED shines.Its been 9 month and im currently using the latest CUE version.

If you are lucky, someone else has struggled with your problem and posted somewhere a solution. Don't expect any meaningful documentation from the happy boys at Corsair though. Buy one of their products and you're pretty much on your own has been my experience. I'm now getting repeat keypress "chatter" on three keys from this very expensive keyboard. Never had that problem with inexpensive Logitech or Microsoft keyboards.

Edited by Era