Corsair Community

Understanding the fans of the H115i

will_s

Ok......you plug a wire from the Corsair H115i "pump head" into your CPU fan header on the motherboard and the you plug your 2 fans into the split fan that also comes from the "pump head" . And you plug another wire from there into your power supply.

Now on the Link software you see in H115i box a fan display and also on the Giagbyte Mobo Box you see fan #1. And both display different rpm ? But as I only have one ( or 2 through the split connector ) connected to the motherboard...........

argg..bold of ligning hus struck me.............on the z370 aorus they have this little fan just behind the back panel...maybe thats the answer

Could you plug the 2 fans on the Rad directly into the CPU and CPU opt headers ? and then just neatly tie that fan lead from the pump behind on of the hoses

Or would that bugger up the readings ?

Just trying to get used to the LINK and H115i

Finally what should the max temp of the H115i be ? What is a good temp to set the alarm on ( will have all 6 RGB fans go read )?

The fan controller is internal and you can only see the speed with Link in the H115i box when connected to the pump. The “CPU fan” speed in top box of Link and in any other monitoring program will be half the pump speed. A pump does not turn like a fan and the revolutions are different. You need a mathematical divider/multiplier to convert it. For the H115i and many Asetek units that value is 2. You may also see duplicate fans or multiple readings in Link. I can’t help with that and it is a common issue. You should be able to see your actual fans and pump speed in the H115i box in Link.

If you move the fans to the motherboard that will necessitate changing to a different control variable, probably cpu temp. The liquid temperature (h115i temp) is a better control variable and reflective of what the fans actually do — help remove heat from the water, not cool the cpu directly. If you did move them to Cpu/opt, there would be little reason to run Link, except to launch it and change led color or pump speed.

There is no prescribed maximum liquid temp, but for most users that is going to be somewhere around 50C. At that baseline temp, your cpu core temps will be in the 80-90’s. However, room and case temperature have a substantial effect on coolant temperature and you probably see a big swing between Winter and Summer. No surprise there, you temps are always better in Winter with any kind of cooler. What you really want to look at is your coolant delta from baseline to load. You probably only see a +6C delta on a H115i for a cpu only stress test. You may actually see more when gaming because of the GPU waste heat warming the whole case. Maybe 10C, depending on GPU model. Find your normal delta, then set a sharp rise 3-5C further down the line. That should give you an auditory warning if things are out of the normal zone. You likely need to adjust this seasonally.

Edited by c-attack