Corsair Community

Too Many Fans & RAM Colours

LogicalUnit

Hi everyone,

I'm having 2 problems with my Corsair Link software:

1) The number of fans is too many. I have 3 PWM case fans and a CPU cooler, but Link shows 8 fans.

2) I can't seem to control the colour of my RGB RAM sticks. I have set them to blue, but they each cycle out-of-sync through the rainbow.

See attachment for details (also looks like a stick of RAM is missing :bigeyes: )

Many thanks

814077538_CorsairLink.thumb.PNG.865149a5f5ff752eb506227f913c86dc.PNG

• Corsair Employees

Here are a couple of things you can do to help troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure you're running the most recent version of Link (4.9.1.23).

2. Run HWMonitor and see if it also erroneously detects those extra fans.

3. Update your BIOS to the most recent version.

As a sidenote, the control for RGB/LED RAM on X99 is heinously finicky. This has less to do with Link and more to do with the SMBus on X99 in general; if you check out AIDA64, you'll notice it too periodically has problems properly detecting all of the DIMMs in a system. So we're not the only ones that have trouble getting DRAM to report correctly on the X99 platform.

Here are a couple of things you can do to help troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure you're running the most recent version of Link (4.9.1.23).

2. Run HWMonitor and see if it also erroneously detects those extra fans.

3. Update your BIOS to the most recent version.

As a sidenote, the control for RGB/LED RAM on X99 is heinously finicky. This has less to do with Link and more to do with the SMBus on X99 in general; if you check out AIDA64, you'll notice it too periodically has problems properly detecting all of the DIMMs in a system. So we're not the only ones that have trouble getting DRAM to report correctly on the X99 platform.

That is interesting. I have an Asus X99 Deluxe II and G.Skill Dimms. I have never had any problem with Dimm reporting, with AIDA or SIV. Not sure about Link. What types of problems have you seen?

Okay, I have run HWMonitor, and it does indeed show 8 different readings: SYSFANIN, CPUFANIN, AUXFANIN0, AUXFANIN3, Chassis #1, CPU, Chassis #2, Chassis #5.

The Chassis and CPU fans look okay, but what are those input ones? I'm using PWM fans in my case.

I have just updated my motherboard BIOS to the latest version from ASUS: 1701. Definitely running latest version of Corsair Link: 4.9.1.23

EDIT: I solved my RAM colour issue by going into my BIOS and changing DRAM SPD Write to Enabled, which was hiding under Ai Tweaker\DRAM Timing Control.

Edited by LogicalUnit

• Corsair Employees
That is interesting. I have an Asus X99 Deluxe II and G.Skill Dimms. I have never had any problem with Dimm reporting, with AIDA or SIV. Not sure about Link. What types of problems have you seen?

I had an MSI board that would only report maybe seven of the eight DIMMs installed. If you check the AIDA64 forums, this has been logged as a pain point with X99. Some boards work fine, but some...it's just intermittent and weird.

I can confirm that on my ASUS ROG Strix X99 Gaming mobo that Corsair Link intermittently reported 3 DIMMs instead of 4. In fact you can see it in my screenshot.

Can anyone help me hide the 4 fan inputs that seem to be affecting Corsair Link?

Edited by LogicalUnit