Corsair Community

Corsair Keyboards Double-Tapping

I am not asking for support, but want to share our experience and warn others. We are a gaming family and have been Corsair fans for many years. That is about to change...

So far, we have experienced the double-tapping issue across three different models, affecting FOUR keyboards. Two have been RMAed, only to have the same problem. One by one, we are switching to other brands. In my closet, I have a stack of Corsair keyboards in excellent condition, but unusable.

This is clearly a Corsair problem. We all have fairly high-end computers and are experienced PC users and builders. We've jumped through all the "how to fix" hoops without success.

I am typing this on a brand new Corsair Gaming K95 RGB PLATINUM Mechanical Keyboard, Cherry MX Speed, Gunmetal (CH-9127114-NA). Within a week or two, the L key began double-tapping. Not longer after, the spacebar, backspace and delete key began double-tapping...which is an extra PITA when trying to go back and correct the double taps! Currently, the L key is apt to quadruple tap and today the I key began double tapping.

If this one follows the pattern of others in our household, the double tapping will spread to different keys, which will change every few days or at most a week. Some will begin triple or quadruple tapping.

Now I have to RMA this one and have little faith in whatever replacement they send. (I STILL have an unopened Strafe RGB Cherry from the last RMA...literally no one in my family wants it.)

We're very disappointed with a brand we have trusted for a long time and can no longer recommend the Corsair brand to others.

P.S. You don't want to know how long it took me to type this simple post, given the number of corrections I had to make due to double taps.

i did have this issue on my Strafe RGB.. but having since dropped the polling rate to 500 Hz/2 Msec I've not suffered it since.. same keyboard on wifes pc (we both have the same keyboard so i swapped them over) didnt do it and was fine at 1000Hz/ 1 Msec. her PC being SOOOOO much lower specced than mine HURT lol..

Ah, I had so much hope for this one! I tried it and need to test it more because I am not sure if I am seeing a placebo effect...

I test using LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LLLOLL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOLLOLL

If I had to guess, it's gotten better, but obviously not fixed. THANKS SO MUCH for such a speedy replly! <-- dangit!

Ah, I had so much hope for this one! I tried it and need to test it more because I am not sure if I am seeing a placebo effect...

I test using LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LLLOLL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOLLOLL

If I had to guess, it's gotten better, but obviously not fixed. THANKS SO MUCH for such a speedy replly! <-- dangit!

lol.. drop it another one ;)....

• 3 years later...
i did have this issue on my Strafe RGB.. but having since dropped the polling rate to 500 Hz/2 Msec I've not suffered it since.. same keyboard on wifes pc (we both have the same keyboard so i swapped them over) didnt do it and was fine at 1000Hz/ 1 Msec. her PC being SOOOOO much lower specced than mine HURT lol..

Dropping it to 500 worked for me. i was about to call the store. cheers