Corsair Community

H80i V2 and MSI Z370 Gaming m5 problem

Bionic

Hello

when I mount the H80 i v2 on the motherboard Msi z370 gaming m5 the temperature of the cpu shoots above 80º to 85º until I have to turn off the computer so it does not keep going up, connect the pump to the cpu fan also the pump fan and the temperature keeps going up , this happens right away just when turning on the pc , I have tried an air cooler and it works correctly

I do not know where the problem might be

Thanks

Shoots up at rate slow enough to see? (like 45, 50, 55, 60...85) Or just instantly 85C on a cold boot?

The slower one you can witness is usually the sign off a flow problem - no pump action or a severe blockage. Make sure the header connected to the H80i vv2 is set to 100%/PWM/"Full Speed"/disabled or however your BIOS defines a constant 12v signal.

Do you have lights? Can you feel some vibrations with your finger tips? All pumps have some mechanical action that can be felt, so if the lights are on but there isn't even a tingle, this likely means there is some defect in the pump. If both are out, try another header and see if things change.

the temperature rises little by little, but it does not take long to reach 85º , on the bios this hardware monitor but did not know that option until it disassemble the h80i , therefore both PWM and DC were by default ¿can this interfere with the pump's operation?

Thanks

OK, the pump is either not running (for some reason) or blocked in another way. For the header, in the BIOS you can "disable" the fan control for the header on some boards. I do not know which brand you have and the language is different for each one. If in DC mode, it needs to be at 100% all the time. That will provide 12v. If in PWM mode, it should get 12v at all percentages, but I would still set all the dots to 100%. There is no reason to have it send empty PWM signals to the device. Without the required voltage, the pump may not start or gets stuck in a stop-start cycle as it floats around that point. Above 9V the pump may still work, but run slower with slow fan speeds.

You do not need to put the cooler back on to test it. Hook the H80i into a spare fan header and set that header to 100%. You should hear water gush and the pump vibrate as soon as you plug it in (don't even bother with the fans so you can hear the pump). If it does not, then the pump is non-functional and should be returned to the vendor. It it does whoosh to life, it may be worth another try.

I connected the H80 i to the SYS_Fan 3, the pump does not seem to make any noise or seems to vibrate, then to check that electricity came to connect a fan and when turning the pc started to spin, on the hardware monitor the rpm was at 0 even marking the constant power at 12V, before formatting the pc and mounting this motherboard had the bomb in relaxed mode in the corsair link software, could that have something to do or the bomb definitely died?

Thanks

No, the high/low (performance/quiet) pump speed setting should have no effect on whether it starts up. I would have to strip a H80i v2 down to be sure, but it seems likely the fan power relay and pump power relay are on separate paths. It appears your pump is not going to run. Take it back to the vendor as defective. You could also contact Corsair through the Support Link at the top of this page, but the quickest resolution is probably through the vendor.

as last option mount the h80i in another computer and the temperature reached up to 90 degrees, gave me time to install the corsair link and and configure the pump for performance and marked 0 RPM without any graph of statistics

I'm going to process the guarantee thanks for your help

Archived