Corsair Community

Random Error with 3x VS512MB400C3 on a7n8x-e deluxe

Crystale

First of all, excuse my bad english. :o:

My SETUP =

MB = A7n8x-e deluxe

CPU = AMD Barton 3200+

3x RAM stik CORSAIR Value select (VS512MB400C3)

HD = (SATA ultra16 250GB 16Mo cache 7200rpm) = on PCI card SATA 150+

Soundcard = Emu 1820m

After one month of use

I experienced many times different error under Win XP Pro SP2

sometimes the system crashes (with dialog box) on the main program : Explorer.exe, or any applications I can use at that moment.

Sometimes It can just crashes with no applications opened, only the OS is running, and I just wait and it can crashe and a blue screen comes up and says something like :

a pb was detected and Windows has stop the system in order to prevent any dammage on my computer....

IRQ NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0X00000050 (0XFFFFFFE8, 0X00000001, 0X80887878, 0X00000000).

etc and the file : atapi, win2k.sys,...or any program that was used at this time.

I change my hard disk, before I was using an IDe ultra dma 133, I change with the SATA (see on top) and reinstall XP, nothing change.

I updated my bios from 1012 to 1013. Still no change

And then the drivers of my soundcard, Still crashes

:confused:

I'm shure now that it not my application, my soundcard or my harddisk or its SATA PCI card that are concerned. Some times The PC cannot crashes at all, but sometimes, It can crashes 10 times a day !

Because of the random pb, I think it can be the RAM ?

How can I be shure ?

I 'm going to test and launch Win XP with just On RAM stick at a time and wait for a crash , for each ram stick, until I see changes. What do think ?

Thx in advance.

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and lets make sure one is not failing. In addition I would suggest you set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts minimum with 2 or more modules installed.

I just test to set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts minimum with the 3 modules installed. It makes the blue screen immediately after 5 min after the XP is loaded. So, it seems that this suggestions can be eliminated.

Now, I just removed 2 modules and I'm testing with a first module (so in singled channel) (the setting was CAS 3.3.3.8).

with memtest86+ V1.50.

Let's ensure that there's no bad modules !

PS : thx by answering so quiclky. :cool:

(OK, I don't know what means "ECC" !)

I pass 3 times on each modules in non ecc mode and with std test.

No errors reported.

SO I supposed if it pass those test, It means i cannot be the ram modules themselves that are in trouble ?

:confused:

Any other Ideas ???

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you change the jumper setting from the default 1-2 to 2-3 for the CPU FSB and have the latest BIOS for your MB installed; load Setup/Optimized default settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

VS512MB400C3 or VS1GBKIT400C3

CPU Freq: 200 MHz (400 FSB)

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Resulting Frequency: 200 MHz (400 FSB)

Memory Timing: User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

DDR Reference Voltage: 2.7 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Archived