Corsair Community

Is the Corsair K65 RGB long lasting?

getoffmyswag

For the price I'm paying for this keyboard, I just wanted to make sure if it's gonna last me atleast a few years since I'm buying it in a few days. I've heard that some corsair keyboards tend to have failing LED. I've seen a few posts in where they show that some of their LED died within a few months. Does this still happen or have they fixed it already? (sorry if i sound paranoid lol)

Thanks ^_^

I've had the original K70 RGB almost since it was out, I've never had any issue with it so far and it's been years. Of course issues can always pop up, but they're not the majority.

As for the LED issue you've heard about, I believe it was related to the K70 non-RGB with blue LEDs. A few years ago there were troubles with those blue LEDs used, but it has nothing to do with the RGB ones though.

• 2 weeks later...
My first one was doa my 2e one had chattering D key after a month or so, i am now on my 3e one so far so good, quality is random just return it if its not good get another k65 rma if you have to, there aren't many alternatives especially if you want cherry mx speed switch.

• Corsair Employee
For the price I'm paying for this keyboard, I just wanted to make sure if it's gonna last me atleast a few years since I'm buying it in a few days. I've heard that some corsair keyboards tend to have failing LED. I've seen a few posts in where they show that some of their LED died within a few months. Does this still happen or have they fixed it already? (sorry if i sound paranoid lol)

Thanks ^_^

We consistently evaluate products that have been RMA'd to ensure if there is an issue, it is corrected. While LED failures can happen, the keyboard is covered by a 2-year warranty, and will be replaced should they fail.

Archived