Corsair Community

Best Case for Travel

TroutCreative

TLDR: When does Corsair release new cases? CES? Any rumors of a uATX or Mini-ITX sized version of the Vengeance C70?

Full Story:

I'm building a new workstation, and I would like the flexibility of being able to take the computer on-site if I need to.

Spent many years in the movie business, no stranger to building flight cases, but I would prefer something I could fit in one of the Pelican 1650 cases I already own.

I fell in love with the Vengeance C70, I'm a firearms designer so it's right up my alley, but I feel like it's more case then I need. I don't use an optical drive or tons of hard drives. Has the looks, sturdiness, super sweet handles I want, but would require a custom flight case.

The Carbide SPEC-M2 MicroATX is a great size, and has good cosmetics, but it appears to be discontinued.

The Carbide 400C would barely fit in my case, and a little cerakote and carbon fiber can fix the cosmetics, but I'm worried about how rugged it is with the big swing away side.

I could do a mini-ITX if ASRock ever gets around to releasing the X299E-ITX/AC, but again the Carbide 380T appears to be discontinued.

With them discontinuing their two nicest small cases, does Corsair have any new cases in the works? Any rumors of a smaller Vengeance C70? Shouldn't a case that's advertised as portable actually be a portable size?

Thanks!

Unfortunately we won't know whether Corsair has a new case until they announce it as they do not talk about rumoured or undisclosed products.

The announcements are not also consistent as well as some things are released silently. E.g. SPEC-04 with tempered glass.