Corsair Community

Is AX1200i an old PSU with an old design?

sblantipodi

I am reading your system specs.. if you have an AX860i then why do you want to move up to the 1200i? I am looking at your other specs.. I have a 750W Corsair power supply.. I have a i7 6700k, Noctua NH-D15 cooler, i7 6700k, 32GB memory, and a GTX 1080. Not to mention whatever else like hard drives and usb stuff plugged in.

If I had money I'd get one of the ones like yours. But I guess if it ain't broke I shouldn't fix it.

I am reading your system specs.. if you have an AX860i then why do you want to move up to the 1200i? I am looking at your other specs.. I have a 750W Corsair power supply.. I have a i7 6700k, Noctua NH-D15 cooler, i7 6700k, 32GB memory, and a GTX 1080. Not to mention whatever else like hard drives and usb stuff plugged in.

If I had money I'd get one of the ones like yours. But I guess if it ain't broke I shouldn't fix it.

I have different wattmeter and my system consume up to 820W.

I have two cards, both cards consume 600W because they are overclocked and has a standard TDP of 250W (more than a 1080).

Differently from a 6700K, 5930K is a HEDT CPU and it waste a lot of power. :)

My 860i can handle it without problems but I am planning on upgrading to a more demanding CPU that consume a lot more than my current one so my 860i is not enough.