Corsair Community

Cannot remove Corsair Link completely!

Nightjar

Hi,

I recently tried Corsair Link 4 and didn't like it and wanted to go back to Fan Xper (which I used before). After uninstalling it seems that the CPU-fan kept the values which I set in Corsair Link 4 and now I don't have control anymore with Fan Xpert (I could control them before). I have an H100i with 2 Noctua fans. I deleted all the files I found after uninstalling...seems to be set deep in the system! How annoying.

Is there any command to completely remove Corsair link or the fan profiles it left even after uninstalling?

Thanks for helping.

• Corsair Employees
Fan Xpert shouldn't be able to control fans connected to the H100i. And the H100i itself will remember the last fan curve you programmed into it. Uninstalling Corsair Link software doesn't change that; the fan curve is literally programmed into the device itself.

This is fraking stupid! Never another Corsair driver! Why souldnt' Fan Xpert be able to control it? doesn't make sens.

He is assuming you still have the fans connected to the pump splitter. This would be required to allow Link to control the fans and is the design intent of the cooler. If you are not going to use Link, move the fans from the pump back to your motherboard headers. That will return control the the BIOS and/or other software fan control packages. I would suggest setting the pump to the lower speed before you remove Link permanently.