Corsair Community

Option for Key repair?

mcbexx

Lately some of the keys (WASD mostly :laughing:) have been starting to wear out a bit on my K95 RGB. First, there was some chatter, now the "W"-key loses contact if I ever so slightly shift my finger forward or backward on it. I already tried to clean the switch with compressed air, but it did not help.

The keyboard was bought a little over 3 years ago (September 24, 2014), so I assume it is out of warranty. Is there an option to send it in and have it serviced for a moderate fee or am I to chuck a 200+ Euro peripheral and chalk it up as regular wear and tear loss? I had cheaper keyboards before that lasted twice as long and I assumed that a mechanical keyboard would be more durable... I'd rather keep it, also because it's the only one in the lineup with 18 Makro keys these days.

Edited by mcbexx

There's no reason to ever throw away a mechanical keyboard. They can be repaired by anyone with a little soldering skill. Both PCB and plate-mounted switches are sold in any quantity by a number of sites. Most of the time, though, a malfunctioning switch can be fixed by some 90+% alcohol and a re-lubing afterward.