Corsair Community

Does commander pro preserve config when disconnected from USB?

kovyrshin

I got an interesting question. I'm building a workstation/VM server and I'd like to add some color to it. I wonder how does commander pro works when it's disconnected from usb host? Does it shut down lighting and fans? Does it keep the profiles(based on temp for example), or does it keep working as before ignoring the profiles.

USB will be attached to one of the VM's and I cannot gurantee that this VM will stay online all the time. What if it shuts down the fans?

Yes, I just yanked mine out with Link not running and it maintained the light scheme. Same on reboot. It does save to device memory. However, there is a specific issue with Link 4.9 and 0.3xx firmware for it that may change that. It runs a rainbow wave whenever it cannot detect Link or boot/wake. There are several threads discussing the issue and reason for it, but you would likely want to stay on Link 4.8.3 and firmware 0.21xx as I am to make sure.

Also keep in mind with no USB connection, Link will not be able to read motherboard data (like CPU temp), so if you are using the C-Pro for actual fan control, I am not sure how that is going to work if it cannot read your control variable. I am not using the Commander Pro for this purpose and I cannot comment on the fan control functionality without the USB and Link.