Corsair Community

h100i v2 detected, but uncontrollable

teeshoe

So like some others, I had certificate issues when using the latest version of CL4, but I was able to get any previous version to recognize my cooler.

My issue is that no matter what, the fans run at around 1600 rpm and the pump around 1900. I can change the LEDs and monitor temps via Link, but there's no control.

I've tried:

-disabling/enabling all sort of bios fan control settings

-installing different versions of CL

-removing all other fan control software on my pc

My configuration is standard:

-2x 3 pin fans connected to y splitter

-3 pin pump power to CPU_FAN

-USB to mobo header

Anyone have ideas or encountered something similar?

You said that you have 2x 3pin fans connected to the y-splitter ... so you aren't using the stock fans? What fans are you using?

You'll need to use PWM (4 pin) fans to control them from the fan splitter on the H100i v2. It sounds like the fans that you have connected (3 pin) are DC-mode fans that control the speed by changing the voltage. PWM fans have a constant 12V and control the speed by the PWM signal on the 4th wire.

Yeah ... those are not the stock fans. Using PWM fans that are controlled by the unit is better; you'll be able to control the fan speed by the actual coolant temperature rather than the CPU temperature (which can also be spikey ... make sure to set the ramp-up and ramp-down times).

I'm using ML-120's on my cooler. Yes, they are expensive but they are MUCH quieter than the stock fans and work well. If you don't care about the LEDs, you can get the two pack for a semi-reasonable price.