Corsair Community

570x cooling question

lunatics

Hey guys, I recently purchased a 570x case and plan on building a new desktop in it, or if things don't work out rebuilding my current PC inside of it. I plan to use all AIO water coolers for cooling in this build. I am planning on going with a Corsair h100i v2 to mount on the top of the case which I understand should fit, and replacing the 2 fans with SP120 fans.

I plan on getting a 1080ti water cooled GPU to go with it and am trying to look at and figure out the best placement for this. The fans on the front of the case pull in, so is it possible to mount the GPU cooler behind one of those fans as long as I make sure it is sucking air in the same direction as the front case fans? I wanted to install a third SP120 in the back of the case as an exhaust fan, but would it be in my better interest to put the GPU radiator/fan up there blowing out, or having a dedicated exhaust fan and keeping the GPU rad in the front of the case. Trying to find what the ideal set up might be here.

Hi bud,,,, I have this case,

I have my h100V2 mounted in the front Push/pull and temps are fine there.

and re your GPU rad. Assuming it's a 120mm rad then at the rear would be my suggestion as there's more than enough room... thats where i had my H80i v2 in my old case with no issues at all..

dEghQAp.jpg

Edited by Zotty

Hi bud,,,, I have this case,

I have my h100V2 mounted in the front Push/pull and temps are fine there.

and re your GPU rad. Assuming it's a 120mm rad then at the rear would be my suggestion as there's more than enough room... thats where i had my H80i v2 in my old case with no issues at all..

Wow that's awesome? How did you get the radiator tubes under the top fans? I had to install it one fan down. Seems like it's possible? Isn't that a super tight fit?

attachment.php?attachmentid=31315&stc=1&d=1507142353

22290946_1891181617565286_1325277422_o.thumb.jpg.e0206b9714bedc7e58fe6a042a0074a6.jpg

Fitting the 240mm radiator on the top is very DRAM height dependent, but with a GPU 120mm radiator and fan at the back it's a non-starter. The 240mm would need to go in the front, like either of the pictures above.

You really do want the GPU radiator as exhaust. It is going to handle a whole lot more heat than the H100i, no matter how much you overclock the CPU. The GPU radiator will have a constant stream of 45-55C air coming off of it. You don't want that in your case. CPU coolant temps should be 10-20C lower than that most of the time.

• 1 year later...
Fitting the 240mm radiator on the top is very DRAM height dependent, but with a GPU 120mm radiator and fan at the back it's a non-starter. The 240mm would need to go in the front, like either of the pictures above.

You really do want the GPU radiator as exhaust. It is going to handle a whole lot more heat than the H100i, no matter how much you overclock the CPU. The GPU radiator will have a constant stream of 45-55C air coming off of it. You don't want that in your case. CPU coolant temps should be 10-20C lower than that most of the time.

Sorry I know this is a year old but I found it on google. The top two pictures are different. The first has 4 fans sandwiching the radiator. Should I do this or do like the second picture and just use 2 of the front intake fans.