Corsair Community

Fans/Light Strips not syncing properly.

MortyMortis

I have my commander pro controlling 6 HD120 fans and 4 light strips. I have been running them for a couple weeks with no issues. Today, I noticed that they are not staying in perfect sync anymore (one is cycling through the color wave fast than the other)

I have not changed anything on my computer today prior to noticing this. I did update Link and the firmware for my commander pro hoping it would fix the issue, and it did not.

The last thing I changed was installing Corsair Utility to control my new K95 keyboard and Void headset, but that was a week ago and this issue just started today.

• Corsair Employee
I have my commander pro controlling 6 HD120 fans and 4 light strips. I have been running them for a couple weeks with no issues. Today, I noticed that they are not staying in perfect sync anymore (one is cycling through the color wave fast than the other)

I have not changed anything on my computer today prior to noticing this. I did update Link and the firmware for my commander pro hoping it would fix the issue, and it did not.

The last thing I changed was installing Corsair Utility to control my new K95 keyboard and Void headset, but that was a week ago and this issue just started today.

Interesting. Not sure if this is related to some of the tweaks to lighting we did in 4.9, but could you see if rolling back to 4.8 fixes it?

I will try the rollback this evening, but I had been using a previous version prior to the issues starting up.

The first thing I did was check to make sure the speed hadn't changed on any of the devices. When I reapply a profile, everything syncs back up at first and then one starts going slightly faster. It takes a good dozen or so cycles before one "laps" the other.

I'm not sure if I'm seeing something that directly relates to the OP, but I do see something similar to what he describes. I have 4 LED strips on one CLCP channel and two HD140 fans on the second channel. Both channels are set to Visor at the same speed. All four strips are synchronized among themselves and the two fans are synced to each other, but the fans and strips are not synchronized. Since a fan and a strip don't have equal numbers of LEDs (12 vs. 10), I just assumed the channels could not be synced. But it's sounding like they should in fact sync?

Archived