Corsair Community

CL 4.9.0.57 Data Freezing

David J

I am hoping somebody will be able to help with my issue. Ever since I upgraded to the Windows 10 Creator version I have had problems with the Data Freezing on Corsair link, the temperatures do not change even when the system is under load, this happens with versions 4.8.0.82 and 4.8.21, if I turn of corsair link and re launch it the system data will not populate, although the software itself I can still interact with, it doesn't appear to be hanging or frozen its just the data doesn't change.

With version 4.8.38 I noticed that if I turn off corsair link and re launch, it will populate with system data. With the newest version 4.9.0.57 it has gone back to not populating the system data if I turn off and relaunch the software, I need to reboot and then everything is back to normal again for anywhere up to 5 days or less before the Data Freezing issue starts again.

I am consistently monitoring my temperatures because as far as I am aware with my very limited technical knowledge I get no error messages or information in the windows event viewer. I started using CPUID HW monitor to check my temperatures when Corsair link has its data freezing issue CPUID HW monitor data freezers as well and will not populate system data.

I then tried Core temp and that works during the Corsair link freeze and so does SIV64X you can see the temperatures changing. This seems to suggest that the system is still sending the data its just that Corsair link and CPUID HW monitor cant access it.

I did notice an earlier thread with something like this issue so I opened up a command window to try sc query CLink4Service to check on the service state. I will attach what it said.

I had no problems before updating to the latest version of window 10, its a worrying issue, if corsair link doesn't see temperature changes fan control wont kick in if it has too.

Thanks again for any help

41248292_Commandwindow.png.f6d0be73991a6a0a642155040593f546.png

• Corsair Employees

You found the problem. ;)

Corsair Link uses the same libraries as HWMonitor.

The downside of that is that, for now at least, we'll have this issue. The upside is that when it's fixed in HWMonitor - or more accurately, in the CPUID SDK - we'll be able to roll it into Link pretty painlessly. Please just sit tight for now.

• 5 weeks later...

I have noticed with version 4.9.1.23 of cosair link that the problem is getting worse, with previous versions to this, cosair link wouldnt data freeze for 3-5 days but with this new version im getting data freezing every 3 to 4 hours...

Rolled back to v4.8.3.8 and noticed an immediate improvement. Any idea when this is going to be fixed?

• Corsair Employees

We have a new version coming in a couple weeks but I'm not sure if it will solve your problem.

One of the things you're running into is that the CPUID SDK has actually been completely slammed this year by the absurd number of new platforms that were released. We continue to communicate with the developer there and help as best we can with bugfixes, but the work is ongoing.