Corsair Community

H100i Pumping running fast (and noisy)

William1

I had to remove my radiator today, then I put it back, the pump was running fast and CL was reporting temps way out of wack. I checked the CPU temp with a infrared temp sensor and the temps are ok, a tad warm but nothing like CL is reporting.

Air bubble in the pump????

CL.JPG.b1d8cbd034e5d331cce42a6ab9d1dade.JPG

I laid my PC down, and set it so any air could migrate out of the pump.

My installed pump position is with the two hoses to the right. So when I laid it down, I also tilted it to encourage any bubbles to migrate up the hoses into the radiator. It is 'more normal' now though I can still hear the pump.

I'm thinking RMA??? I just had/in process of having Corsair RMA the two fans as they got noisy in the last few weeks as well.

cl2.JPG.20cfd01016c9ea3636aa302d2276e101.JPG

Edited by William1

Yikes, that is a rather strong difference between the temps, particularly the coolant temperature (H100i Temp). Air bubbles can cause noise, but to have one completely disable your cooling system is a pretty rare. You coolant temp was pushing 85C. That is about double what it should ever read. I am worried it was not an air bubble, but something else blocking the flow. Lying it down and working it managed to dislodge the blockage, but these solutions are often temporary. I would start a support ticket now and see what they say. I get a little concerned once you heat the coolant up to that level. The rubber can take it, but I don't know about the glue/sealant.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the replacement yesterday. Silent again. The failed unit even when 'quiet' was loud and temps shot up. New one is 3~5 degrees cooler at the lowest temp. Not sure of the cause, whether the coolant failed and got 'clumpy' or it evaporated and the system was full of air.

The only way that Corsair would do a ship first and return was if I 'bought' a new one then they would credit me back when I shipped the defective unit. Otherwise, I'd of had to pull my old one, mail it in, wait for them to decide to replace it and then slow boat it back. It is not like I could live with no PC, they had me over a barrel. At it was, I had to pay for return postage ($23.00). Not the best of warranty practices. A warranty should not incur the purchaser expenses due to a defective product and it should be resolved ASAP. This 'fast replacement RMA' took close to three weeks to accomplish and I imagine over four to get refunded my 'replacement costs'. I expected better of Corsair.

This pretty much the same with everyone and PC parts. At least the cross-ship and credit card hold is an option. My non-Corsair cooler just spent 6 weeks MIA. Every time I had to ship an Asus part off, it was a guaranteed 30 day wait. I am afraid everyone needs a back up cooler in one form or another, whether that's an older water cooler you replaced for something shinier or an air tower.