Corsair Community

3600mhz memory with gigabyte x299 gaming 9

binary1775

I have a gigabyte x299 mobo with 64 64gb of CMR32GX4M4C3600C18. I noticed the memory is making a faint buzzing sound (I have a thermaltake p3 case that sits next to me, so I can hear it) that increases in volume with each stick of RAM I add.

This replaced my gskill Ram which did not make this noise.

I tried this RAM on my x299 mobo and x399 and the ram buzzes on both mobos. I have tried overclocking in bios and not overclocking, same result.

• Corsair Employees
I have a gigabyte x299 mobo with 64 64gb of CMR32GX4M4C3600C18. I noticed the memory is making a faint buzzing sound (I have a thermaltake p3 case that sits next to me, so I can hear it) that increases in volume with each stick of RAM I add.

This replaced my G.Skilll Ram which did not make this noise.

I tried this RAM on my x299 mobo and x399 and the ram buzzes on both mobos. I have tried overclocking in bios and not overclocking, same result.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried the kit in a different system using a different power supply?

That being said, you'll want to contact our customer support team for assistance. The buzzing could be a sign of a defective kit which looks like a possibility since you've tried different mobos with no change in behavior so far.

Archived