Corsair Community

Bad RAM?

HydrasunGQ

I have a set of matched TWINX1024-3200LLPT. I had this RAM on a ABIT NF7-S motherboard and the system kept giving me corrupt registry issues. I then built a new system based on a A8N-SLI deluxe motherboard thinking it had something to do with the motherboard and kept the RAM and am now getting the same problems. I decided to run memtest 3.2 on the Ultimate Boot CD and am getting errors on test 1 through 8. I then ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic alson the same CD and am also getting errors. I then ran DocMemory RAM diagnostic and am also getting errors. I think my RAM is bad. How do I get it replaced?

• Corsair Employees

Please put the memory modules on either slots 1&3 or 2&4; make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed for your MB; load optimized/set up default, and set the following BIOS settings;

TwinX1024 or TwinX512-3200XL

Advanced CPU/Memory Configuration:

Memclock Mode: Limit

Memclock Value: 2:1 (DDR400)

Bank Interleaving: 4/Enabled

Burst Length: 8

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

2T Command Rate: Enabled

ECC Configuration

Master ECC Enabled: Disabled

Jumper Free/Frequency Voltage Control:

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual

CPU FSB Clock: 200

DDR Voltage: 2.8 Volts

All other settings should be set to default settings!Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let's make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Ok, I set everything in the bios as closely as possible and have come to the conclusion that one of the 2 modules is bad. I tested them together and was getting the errors. I then pulled one out and was still getting errors. I then swapped that stick for the other one and the errors were gone. I did the same thing on a different dimm slot and it seems that just one of the 2 sticks are bad. Do I have to replace both sticks since they are a matched pair?

Archived