Corsair Community

H100i and Z270 Gaming M7

Crazycoder4life

Okay guys, I know you probably get a million questions on this so I'm sorry in advance. How do I make sure my h100i is powered correctly and is not going to burn out? I found the posts about h100i v2s but I'm not sure what is necessary for the SATA powered pumps? Since it's SATA it's automatically getting all the power it needs to the pump, right?

Also, I understand the radiator fans should be on my CPU_FAN1 header, but how should I set them in UEFI/BIOS?

Technically, it should not matter what you do with the "dummy" lead from the H100i. It prevents to boot error you get when nothing is on CPU_FAN. At least on Asus boards, I would still set the Q-Fan to full speed or Disabled to prevent other Asus software from constantly trying to tune something that isn't there. You didn't mention what board you are on and I don't know the quirks of other brands. In general, it should not matter.

The issue on the older H100i was a slightly vulnerable fan controller on the unit itself. If you use high current fans, like on some older high speed LED models, there was a risk of blowing the controller. The header and controller limit is officially 1.0A, but I think the general consensus is to stay below 0.80A combined on that model. That's pretty easy to do these days. Most companies have taken their 0.47A fans off the market and replaced them with much more efficient models, but it is something you should check before installing other fans.

I apologize, I supposed I could have put the MOBO in the post itself. I did put it in the title though. It's a z270 Gaming m7 board which is an MSI manufactured board.

I'm a little concerned as to why you're calling it a dummy lead? This lead is used to control the radiator fans and also reports RPMs, no? Because if not, then how do they know to adjust RPMs with higher temps? So you're suggesting I put it to DC rather than PWM and make the radiator fans full power?

Regarding the vulnerability - I am using the stock corsair fans on the radiator, so I should not have problems right?

Also, my question regarding the pump remains unanswered unfortunately. I have the radiator fans plugged up to the y splitter on the pump, and the pump is plugged into CPU_FAN1. The pump is also plugged into SATA power with Corsair Link hooked up. Is there anything else I should do to ensure longevity of the pump? I know there are some special configurations required for the non-SATA models.

Thank you!!

On the older H100i if you plug the radiator fans into the pump as designed, the pump's internal fan controller regulates the fan speed. You adjust this through the Link software. You do not adjust it through BIOS and doing so should have no effect since both fans and pump are SATA powered. I don't remember if that H100i will give you a valid pump or fan speed reading, but you will need the USB connector to have full control and access to data in Link.

There are no special considerations for the pump. It runs at a constant speed, receives power through the SATA, and should not require any other special measures. You can monitor its speed and coolant temperature in Link.

Archived