Corsair Community

Corsair Hydro 100i v2 has become louder

djanthony93

Hi guys, with the end of the summer I put every fan on my system on a silent mode, I've always leaved the pump to performance and I've never notice its noise, but today it was louder than before. If it is set to Quiet I can barely hear it, there's no rattling / odd noise, it is just very noisy like a fan spinning at 1000 rpm, high pitched sound. Should I be worried, or is that normal? Please answer, I'm too afraid for the pump to be faulty

I was starting to have noise problems as well on my h100i I did everything including adding sewing machine oil to fan mill but it didnt help. Then one day I got mad and used much more oil on fans and noise is greatly reduced. Seems like sp120L fans require alot of oil. Not just 2 to 3 tiny drops.

If you temporarily turn the case over on it's side (or really just change the angle in some way), you may be able to shift the bubble out of the pump strainer area where it causes noise and into someplace less irritating. I can't hear much in the sound byte. Bubbles usually produce uneven gurgles or other nondescript noise with a bit lower frequency. If what you hear is a super high frequency tone (steady and consistent), it may be something else. Check the H100i lead to make sure it is secure and also that fan control is at disabled or set to 100% ("Full Speed" in Q-Fan). This goes back to default on BIOS updates and you have to set it again. If you can't quite get rid of it and it is audible over the fans during normal use, contact Corsair through the Tech Support Link at the top of the page and file a help ticket.