Corsair Community

K70 not recognized after waking PC from sleep

c.bryant1004

Weird issue I've been having lately. Initially was having issues where my keyboard wouldn't even wake the PC when sleeping, partially fixed after changing the power management setting. By partially, I mean that sometimes, even after updating the power management settings, the keyboard still wont wake the PC.

Anyway, my new issue is that more often then not when the keyboard does wake the PC, the keyboard is not recognized in CUE. I have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in to load in CUE. Weird thing is that I can still use the keyboard, but my lighting effects and macros don't work until I unplug/replug.

Any ideas?

Running Windows 10

Keyboard firmware up to date

CUE software up to date

It’s a known issue, look at the cue forums, corsair is unable to fix this and it’s been months. They first blamed asus mobos, then said you need to upgrade to the latest CUE version and none of the above fixed the problem. Even updating chipset versions. It’s a flaw in their product, most mobos have usb 3.1 ports and that could be the reason keyboard and mice or mouse pad doesn’t get recognized.

Funny how I don’t have issues with my competitor peripherals. I dumped the corsair Polaris mousepad for the competitor one and no issues.

Since I am on the corsair forums I respectfully wont mention the competitor. But after almost a year of complaining I finally gave up because their support has been disappointing in this matter, there are countless threads about this issue.

I spent a lot of money on corsair products starting from their high end ram to cpu cooler to their highest end PSU and their latest ML series fan, most work fine but they just can’t get things right with their software and certain peripherals.

I have every right to complain, when you drop over 1k on one brand you expect better quality support. They make great hardware just their software is flawed.