Corsair Community

Shortcut for an additional character possible?

JalicX

Hello Corsair Forum!

I'm very new to all this stuff and yersterday I receved my first corsair product the 'Corsair STRAFE RGB' Keyboard.

I quickly understood how the rgb effects work but actions with macros I dont quite really understand and I hope you guys can help me out.

I use this character 'ł' very often and I'd like to have a combination in the Keyboard to insert it. I thought FN+L or ALT+L would be a nice shortcut.

But unfortunately whatever I try I can only select one Key but no combination. E.g. 'L' but then I cant use the regular L anymore because It is replaced by 'ł'.

I hope you can help me with this problem.

Greetings JalicX (:

I think the strafe has media keys right? My old one did. You could remap one of the media keys or some other key you do not use to enter ł various ways but in my tests, Alt+0322, the Ascii Keycode for that Polish stroke l lowercase did not work. You may try the "text" insertion function within Cue.

If you want shortcuts like that with modifier keys, you either need to setup a profile switching button and hten remap the function of the key. I strongly advise against that even though it is tempting.

You need something like auto hot key with a hotstring. Script would be very simple. Alt L would be something like:

!l::

Send ł

Return

But a much better solution is found here:

https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/51130-polish-ogonki/

Dealing with other common Polish chars and handling upper and lower case. You may want to just change control modifier to alt if that is your preference, the ^ turns to ! and you are all set. I did not test that script but it seemed logical.

also assuming you are on windows, this may help:if you are

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/saveenr/2009/05/17/typing-polish-accented-characters-on-a-us-keyboard/

And if you are on a different OS there's probably a similar thing.