Corsair Community

Can Dominator Platinum DDR4 be made low profile?

Sammaye

I've been upgrading my computer recently and my build has taken a sudden and dramatic change due to finding out that the 570X was not really suitable (too rushed and not well thought out basically, quality issues, sound proofing issues and stuff that could have been fixed by just taking a deep breath really) so I decided to do a massive downgrade to a 400C (not a 460X since I hear it suffers from some of the same problems).

Unfortunately, I have Dominator sticks, the big stuff. But I have been reading around that I can actually strip these sticks of almost all of their casing except for the heat spreader specifically (without voiding warranty).

The problems/questions are:

- What can I remove?

- Also where is the heat spreader on the Dominator? Some say it includes the fins as well, that if I remove those I risk over heating.

Now, I could actually still send these back, however, I want to keep them because when Corsair sort their crystal series out to not be bad I want to actually get the revised 570X and have awesome Dominator ram in it.

If I must downgrade my memory I will return it but I am hoping someone here can make my day better and tell me how I can make Dominator ram low profile.

Thanks,

No they cannot be made low profile because the PCB is still larger than a normal one. Also removing the heatspreaders will void the warranty and most likely you will damage a module. You should still be able to fit in the 400C case it would only become an issue if you are using a big heatsink on the CPU.

Archived