Corsair Community

Corsair CUE and LINK causing issues when running together

Sabbys

Recently added Corsair Commander Pro and have H100i v2 which I set up through link, everything works fine there (after installing older driver so windows could actually see the H100 v2).

Also have Corsair K70 RGB and Corsair M65 which I like to keep CUE up and running to get some custom shortcuts and pretty lights going - the problem is when CUE and LINK are both running at same time about 75% of the time after a reboot either the mouse or the keyboard are not detected by CUE (they work, CUE just doesn't detect them) at all, pretty much either reboot again or unplug and re-plug till CUE decides to detect both products.

Lately I have just saved LINK settings to device and pretty much turned it off from even starting up since this has been an issue for a good 6 months plus. Once LINK is disabled CUE runs great, haven't had any problem yet except the occasional boot up with no mouse detected (all lights off, like its not even plugged in) which im guessing is more of a Microsoft or my ASUS motherboard issue more than a Corsair issue.

Not a major deal breaker for me but I figured it would have been fixed in some of the recent updates.

I cant imagine its something I'm doing because I have gone through multiple re-installs of both CUE and LINK and have reinstalled OS a good 6 times because I'm a freak and like to keep everything nice and clean :D:

Could be an issue with motherboard I guess, Asus Z270 hero which doesn't seem to get along with Corsair products very well (I dont use any of the ASUS programs such as the AI suite or their ****ty RGB software beause they tend to just cause a massive headache and its not really worth the trouble)

Pretty much just curious if anyone else has run into this problem or if I just have an odd combo of some parts/software that is causing this, annnddd of course if anyone has any ideas besides just shutting down LINK so I can keep CUE going.

Thanks!

I'm in the same situation as you. I posted in the forums (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=169720) but, most importantly, i created a ticked and submitted every bit of information to Corsair Support. They told me the infos were sent to the LINK developers, I'm hoping for next LINK version to solve the issue.

Anyway, while discussing the ticket seems we got an interim solution: use LINK version 4.7.0.77. Running this older version solves the issue completely (and still supports Z270, I'm running same MB family).

Hope it helps!

I was seeing the same issue with the original Vengeance K70 RGB and the M65 RGB Pro Optical. For further information I recently upgraded from the original Commander Mini to the the Commander Pro. I saw either the mouse or keyboard disappear from CUE regularly with both commanders. Rolling back to 4.7.0.77 seems to have fixed this.

Thanks for the great (interim) solution!

Edited by SUP3RN4UT

Yup definitely an issue with ASUS Z270 motherboards it looks like, just popped in MSI gaming M5 M-board and LINK and CUE have no issues at all running together.

Thinking a USB driver issue maybe?

[Edit] Try enable XHCI USB hand-off in bios maybe? That's the only difference in default BIOS settings i'm noticing and I didn't think to even try enabling that on the ASUS board.

Edited by Sabbys

Today I was done with Corsair as far as their RBG mousepad goes, I went to BB and bought the competitor mousepad, no issues detecting the mousepad, rbg works, also when locking the screen the settings stay saved since corsair didn't develop an option to keep the settings when when windows is locked.

I will keep my corsair keyboard since it saves the settings to the onboard memory so I don't have to keep unplugging the keyboard to make the lights or settings work.

Overall I am disappointed with corsair as of late, their software has been lackluster, also customizing keys on the corsair system is a chore, I use to remember with the old software it would only take seconds to customize key colors, now you have to create profiles like Adobe Photoshop to make each section of the key different colors.

I tried with latest version and it still did not work, once I switched motherboards the issue is no longer there so I'm guessing Corsair software is having issues with certain USB drivers.

Also about the mouse pad I also returned corsair rgb pad because of no on device memory, anything that required CUE to even FUNCTION is a failure in my book.

I like to duel boot into Linux on occasion and the fact that the mouse pad would be stuck on perpetual rainbow mode without CUE running is ridiculous (unless you really like the rainbow mode?)