Corsair Community

LNP - RGB values not displaying correctly

shindig_exe

Hi guys, just picked up a LNP today, and having an issue getting the LED colors to match the RGB values I enter . Any color with some blue in it doesn't show up correctly; the blues seem to be coming in too "strong".

For example: (255,0,10) should be pretty much pure red, but shows up as pink... Looks close to (255,0,170).

If I tinker with it manually I can get close to the desired colors, but I can't straight up input regular RGB values. Anyone know if this is normal, or if there's an easy fix to it? Figured I'd ask here before making a trip to exchange it.

So I went and tinkered with it in the lab. Setting the blue to 10 does turn it kind of a coral shade, but not abnormally, and 255,0,170 is a world away from that.

As far as I can tell, this is functioning normally.

Thank you for the reply!

I just back to school today, so I was able to compare with my roommates hue+ and some old no brand LED kit we got from China!

LNP set to 255,0,10; Hue+ imitated the color around 255,0,120. The noname kit 255,0,135. When we set those other two to 255,255,10 it comes up as almost indiscernible from pure Red.

If this is normal, first it pretty much invalidates the color picker; when I choose any color with blue in it, it never matches what is displayed on screen.... it's not even close. Secondly, it pretty much kills off a whole range of colors that I prefer to use that have low values of blue in them!! =(

Just wanted to update, I was finally able to tweak the numbers to get the strips to almost match my other components. Took a while, as most regular RGB codes with lower blue values won't EVER come out how they're supposed to. And they still don't really match, but close enough!

I'm still hesitant to believe this is normal functionality, but for now it'll suffice until the day I decide to change around system colors!

• Corsair Employee
There's a lot that futzes with how RGB peripherals and devices actually render their colors. The same RGB values show different colors on my K95 Platinum than on my Sabre. It's tough because of how the light comes through whatever material is being used above it, among other things. And then different RGB LED vendors have different results!

Archived