Corsair Community

8 HD120 controlled by 1 Commander mini +1 Commander Pro?

Gotti

Hello guys,

i am very new to this Forum so please be patient with me :D

I am building my new PC atm , thats why i didnt fill in the System Specs....

Well, my new PC will have like 8 HD120 RGB PWM build in and i am not sure how i can actually handle this. I dont really understand how Corsair Link works.

Yes, i can put PWM fans (just as non-PWM) into the RGB Controller that comes with the Set and the other wire into the Commander. But how can i control the LED`s via Corsair Link when the Controller for that is not even connected to the Motherboard? I dont really want to use the little Controlpanel that came with the set.

Just as my next question: I got 3 Sets of HD120 RGB PWM atm and 1 Commander Mini. The Commander Mini has 6 slots for fan speed control afaik. Is it possible for me to buy e.g. 1 more Commander Pro and plug the other Fans into it and control all fans with just Corsair Link?

Thank you for your help :)

Motherboard will be: Crosshair Hero Vi

CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i v2

1. You must not connect the HD fan LED hub to the CLCC (Commander Mini) LED port as if you do this may damage the hardware, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162617.
  2. For 8 x HD fan LEDs you need 2 x LED hub which should be connected to the two CLCP (Commander Pro) LED ports.
  3. I would use 1 x CLCP for 6 fans and the 1 x CLCC for 2 fans.
  4. The CLCP has zero RPM support, but the CLCC does not.
  5. Rather than posting you specs it's easier to help is you used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra anyway.

@red-ray

Thank you for your help,

So i can not use the Hub the Fans came with ? If i understood you correctly, i need 2 other Fan RGB LED hubs, connect the fans to these and not to the hub they came with an plug the hubs ill buy into the commander`s?

Sorry i dont want to be dumb af, but

"Again, don't connect the LED hubs to the CLCC, if you do "

"6 of a LED hub and it to CLCP LED port 1"

sounds like "dont do it" and "do it" to me.

I can put 6x the LED wire from 1 fan each to the hub the fans came with and connect the hub (that was in the set, mentioned before as "the hub the fans came with) to the CLCP to LED-Port 1, than do the same with the other fans and the next hub my fans came with an connect the 2nd hub to LED-Port 2 on the CLCP?

Sry if i am dumb af :D

The CLCC controls 12 volt LEDs and the CLCP controls 5 volt LEDs.

The HD fan LEDs are 5 volt LEDs so should only be connected to CLCP LED ports.

I can put 6x the LED wire from 1 fan each to the hub the fans came with and connect the hub (that was in the set, mentioned before as "the hub the fans came with) to the CLCP to LED-Port 1, than do the same with the other fans and the next hub my fans came with an connect the 2nd hub to LED-Port 2 on the CLCP?

Yes and you should. You need to use consecutive LED hub ports starting from 1.