Corsair Community

760T Top Radiator Clearance?

pigcy

I'm thinking of getting an NZXT Kraken x62 and replacing the fans with 4 Blacknoise NB-eLoop B14-PS fans in Push/Pull configuration but I'm worried that it will not fit.

The Blacknoise fans are 29mm in height which is a bit higher than the standard 25mm fans. The x62 Rad Thickness is 30mm and together with the fans in Push/Pull, it will amount to 88mm in thickness.

I'm also using an EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid with a 120mm rad, also in Push/Pull, about 74mm thick. I was initially thinking of mounting the CPU Rad in the top and GPU Rad in the back, but it wouldnt fit.

I think placing the CPU Rad in the front with the GPU Rad in the back would be a better choice.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

Just use a single pair of the B14's. I use the same combination with a 5930k with max output around 215w. You are not sacrificing anything and the extra 4mm and different design are still effective at low speed. The only theoretical limit is the ~1375 max speed, but then you don't need to run faster than that anyway.

I would also leave your setup as is with both radiators dumping heat of of the case. Your internal case temps are already going to be low so there isn't much gain to be had by using "cooler external air ". Putting it on the front changes that while restricting intake flow. Like most people, you are going to be voltage limited anyway.

So you're suggesting a pair of B14's on the x62 mounted at the top as exhaust, and move the GPU 120mm Rad to exhaust out the rear?

I'm planning on making the system as quiet as possible while still maintaining decent cooling for overclocking my CPU, that's why I wanted the Push/Pull setup at low rpms.

I think I'll run some tests to compare the temps between Front Push/Pull and Top Push to see which I would prefer.

Usually trying to run the AIO hoses to the front of a traditional tower is more trouble than it's worth. However, you can certainly try and see how it goes. Is it the push-pull GPU radiator preventing the top placement? You definitely want the GPU as exhaust. More heat than the CPU. That radiator and setup is more likely to benefit from push pull, but if you need to take one off, my Titan X will stay under 50c with a single 120@1500 rpm and 2050MHz. No reason to fuss about 5c on the GPU if you are 30c under the stock settings and I would expect similar results for you.

If I can let the b14s float between 800-1000 for all uses with a single pair, you certainly won't need more. They are so quiet there won't be a noticeable difference at 200 rpm lower.

Even with Rear GPU Rad as Exhaust with only Push or Pull would obstruct the Top CPU Rad in Push/Pull. The Top CPU Rad will only fit together with the GPU Rad in Exhaust if I use a single pair of B14s in Push or Pull, but I feel that would sacrifice cooling and/or noise. That's why I was planning to put it in the front.

That's up to you, but the easiest path would be to try the top mount/single pair first. If it does not meet expectations, than try the front placement and buy another set of fans. My experiences with it have been very pleasing with a similar set-up. When you are weighing a +1C case ambient delta and a +6C liquid temp delta, I am not sure how much better you can do with another set.

Archived