Corsair Community

No device detected on boot up

Anth0789

Hi, I've been having some problems lately with CUE, most of the time on boot up when I open CUE it says "No device detected",And my keyboard does not light up, So I got to unplug and replug then it works. Anyway to fix this? Using the Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent.

If fast boot is enabled, Try setting USB initalisation to full rather than partial.

Tried a different USB port? Latest BIOS, Chipset drivers, Windows updates?

Okay I did set the USB initalisation to full, everything is up to date but still having the issue, It might be related to both Corsair Link and CUE open together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Corsair Employees

There are device detection issues if you resume from sleep/hibernation because the USB isn't polling properly. Do these steps:

Ensure you're using the latest USB 3.0 Drivers from your MOTHERBOARD VENDOR's downloads page. Do not use Microsoft 3.0 drivers as they have issues at times with device detection.

There are device detection issues if you resume from sleep/hibernation because the USB isn't polling properly. Do these steps:

Ensure you're using the latest USB 3.0 Drivers from your MOTHERBOARD VENDOR's downloads page. Do not use Microsoft 3.0 drivers as they have issues at times with device detection.

The bigger issue is that almost 90% of all MB's use the standard Intel USB 3 eXtensible Controller for which they have said they will not release a specific driver for.

Luckily, there are some 3rd party mods of the USB driver which do seem to resolve the issue with detection./

Edited by gunner007dc

Sadly, I was using the above MS drivers for Intel and they didn't work on either my wife or my own PC. It was about 50/50 that CUE would launch and set the KB/Mouse to their settings. Usually I fixed it by toggling the BIOS switch on the KB.

After using the 3rd party USB drivers, so far it's been 50 boots without issue.

• 2 weeks later...
I just purchased the K70 RGB LUX. And immediately had the problem of CUE not recognizing keyboard device after rebooting. So, I wrote a program in x64 and x86 using DevCon that restarts the USB device at boot. I joined forum hoping I could attach and share my program, but I don't see that option. So--

Google Drive Links:

DevCon Restart 1.0 x64

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7TCo7TgbBGuZ2FmWnZTOVRPQ28/view?usp=sharing

DevCon Restart 1.0 x86

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7TCo7TgbBGuSVdDQ2FKNXFETEU/view?usp=sharing

The only solution.

The bigger issue is that almost 90% of all MB's use the standard Intel USB 3 eXtensible Controller for which they have said they will not release a specific driver for.

Luckily, there are some 3rd party mods of the USB driver which do seem to resolve the issue with detection./

Can you link to these modded USB drivers? This undetected problem is ridiculous...

Got a K55 and Harpoon 3 days ago. At first, they worked great! Installed CUE Software and all! Also updated the firmware, which it was very slow to do for the keyboard. Came home tonight, not so much...

It won't move past the motherboard boot up and the Windows lock light is flashing. I manually turn off the computer and the keyboard stays lit! The mouse turns off, but the keyboard I have to either unplug it or the whole computer. It also lit as soon as it was getting power, which hadn't happened before. I plugged it into this laptop and it works fine...no flashing, can type just fine, etc. Even did a factory reset while plugged into this thing. Plugged it back in to the desktop, nothing. Tried booting with it not plugged in and it complains about no keyboard. K55 plugged in and it stops seemingly halfway through boot up. Even the turn off seems more like a hibernate. So what happened?

So, got it to boot up by plugging another keyboard in. Still problematic though, as I can use my K55, but only if I don't have it plugged in when I boot it up, or else it gets stuck on the motherboard screen again. And yes, this is only since I installed CUE.

So, got it to boot up by plugging another keyboard in. Still problematic though, as I can use my K55, but only if I don't have it plugged in when I boot it up, or else it gets stuck on the motherboard screen again. And yes, this is only since I installed CUE.

I am sorry to hear that, I didnt read too many earlier posts as i dont have a k55 but did you try bios settings and changing your legacy mode on and off? Tried USB 2 and polling rate if applicable the keyboard?

I am sorry to hear that, I didnt read too many earlier posts as i dont have a k55 but did you try bios settings and changing your legacy mode on and off? Tried USB 2 and polling rate if applicable the keyboard?

No, but I'll ask someone who knows how to play with bios settings and understands that other stuff. Thanks! :D: Also not sure if I mentioned, but the motherboard and processor are 10 years old. Yes, I'm planning on buying new, but something always comes up.