Corsair Community

H115i question

imotep

This is my first AOI installation. The SATA power cable goes to the SATA power from the PSU, the Link cable goes to the USB2.0 hub in the MB, does the fan cable go into the CPU FAN/Waterpump fan connector on the motherboard? I have the x370 Asrock Tachi. I see the other spots; CPU fan and CHasis fan waterpump fan connector.

Does the fan cable go into the CPU FAN/Waterpump fan connector on the motherboard?

Either will sort of work, but it's best to use the CPU_FAN header. Note:

1. You won't get the CPU_FAN error from the BIOS.
  2. As half the H115i pump speed is reported so if the pump fails the BIOS will notify you of this.
  3. The manual says to use the CPU_FAN header.

I'm confused, so don't use the CPU-FAN header on the MB? The manual says, CPU-FAN and the USB header into the MB USB2.0 header

1. You should connect the single wire to the CPU_FAN header.
  2. The manual is incorrect and says the power cable should be connected to the CPU_FAN header.
  3. The H115i is actually SATA powered so get's it's power directly from the PSU.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30982&stc=1&d=1504552280

731127939_H115imanualisincorrect.thumb.png.ae86197d5da81b6d1b988d218a682ebe.png

1- the fan header from the pump goes into the CPU-FAN header on the motherboard like a regular heatskink...

2- The 2 cables from the 2 fans goes into the 2 fan connector attached to the 115i

3- the Link cable goes to the CCLP as you mentioned

4- The SATA power cable from the 115i gets connected to the PSU SATA power cable.

1- the fan header from the pump goes into the CPU-FAN header on the motherboard like a regular heatskink...

2- The 2 cables from the 2 fans goes into the 2 fan connector attached to the 115i

3- the Link cable goes to the CCLP as you mentioned

4- The SATA power cable from the 115i gets connected to the PSU SATA power cable.

Yes. What you call a "Link cable" is and should be called "USB cable" (it's a USB-header to mini-USB). A "C-Link cable" looks as below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30983&stc=1&d=1504554099

224241251_CLCCcables.jpg.7f6296096694c7c1e14986dfdac9636a.jpg

Edited by red-ray
USB-header not USB-A

yes yes, the mini usb that was plugged into the heatsink which is the corsair link cable :) USB A is the USB2.0 header? Should I download Corsair link after perhaps the "burn-in period after initially turning on the system." No errors, all drivers are in and system was one for a few hours. Edited by imotep