Corsair Community

Yo ram guy. Help with timings and speed

Below are the specs for the memory that I own. I cant say I have any complaints about this memory as it does perform as promised 2-2-2-5 paired with my 3200+ 939 and my Asus A8V. However even with higher voltage and loosening the timings I cant get a drop over 210mhz. Ive tried with 2.8/1T timings of 2.5-3-3-10/2.5-3-3-8 and 6 @ a multiplier of 10 X 205/210/215/220. I get stable system boots and some incredible memory benches. Whats weird is that if I drop the HTT to 800 I can run at 225(2.25ghz CPU) I pass SuperPI, 3dmarkSE 2001 and SisSofft burn benches. But once i play my games I get freezes every time. Any suggestions? What kinda of max speeds do most ppl get on these? Oh yeah I forgot, I did up the vcore voltage and disabled fast writes.

CORSAIR XMS Xtreme Memory Speed Series, Xtra-Low Latency 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 w/ Platinum Heat Spreader, Model TWINX1024-3200XLPT - Retail

Model# TWINX1024-3200XLPT

Item # N82E16820145523

Specifications:

Manufacturer: CORSAIR

Speed: DDR400(PC3200)

Type: 184-Pin DDR SDRAM

Error Checking: Non-ECC

Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered

Cas Latency: 2-2-2-5

Support Voltage: 2.75V

Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s

Organization: two 64M x 64-Bit

Special Features: Plug-n-FragTM Auto-Configuration - Boots automatically using the Xtra-Low latency values of 2-2-2-5

Warranty: Lifetime

Heres another thread where i tried to get help.

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86977

Thanks in advance for your time and effort. Peace

it's your motherboard!

the A8V isn't a good oc'ing board..

you need a board based on the nForce3 250gb chipset, ie MSI K8N NEO2

the via chipset doesn't allow you to 'lock' the PCI/AGP bus, so it scales as you up the processor frequency, thus explaining why you may be able to run some benchmarks but none graphics related.

you other components should yeild much higher results then your getting..

OC'ing requires carefull research and lots of trial and error to get just right.

side note: The Rev 2.0 of the A8V does have pci/agp lock working.

Thats the whole thing. Like wired said I have the locks and have them enable to 33/66. But I cant understand all the game crashes and freezez i get even after passing all my benches. With an 800HTT, memory running at 2.5-3-3-6 or 8, 1T, Fast writes disabled, 2.8V, Vcore 1.525 I pass ALL my benches.Once I fire up ET or HL2 i get zee crashes. Not right away but it always happens. 1 min to maybe 15 mins in game. SuperPI starts reporting errors at 226mhz when I ran test to see how fast i could push the ram. With ClockGen I didnt get a freeze until 242mhz. Not stable though(faile PI). Heck Ive also tried 2.5-4-4-8. Im so confuse. On hardOCP ppl are posting all over the place that they can get to 2.4 on air with timings of 2.5-3-3-6 up to 2.5ghz. Im so lost. My Everest benches are insane at 2250ghz. My read is 6900 and my writes are 2700!!!!! If I could just get it to play my games with those settings I could be happy. WIth that overclock, I can browse all day, burn dvds etc and I find that my machine has this sports car vroom vroom to it.. HELP

Just to cover the basics, does it all work fine when NOT OC'd?

Yup. I run 100% stable with absolutely no problems. I passed SuperPI 32mb 15 times at 2250ghz. 3dmark2001SE Looped for 12hours straight. Should I just go with the Neo Plat2 for an easier or higher OverClock? :confused:

there are a couple different revisions of the 3200XL, can you post everything that's on the side sticker..

I was just assuming you purchased the stick recently, and thus had one that was based on the samsung tccd ics but if not, that could explain your limit...

there are a couple different revisions of the 3200XL, can you post everything that's on the side sticker..

I was just assuming you purchased the stick recently, and thus had one that was based on the samsung tccd ics but if not, that could explain your limit...

AFAIK, there are only 2 versions, both use the TCCD ICs, different PCB though.

In my experience a PC needs to be able to run Prime95 for 24 hours straight without an error to be 100% stable. SuperPi, 3Dmark, etc. are just quick stress tests but not really conclusive that a PC is 100% stable, even when they are looped for hours. In my experience, if your PC will run P95 for 24 hours without an error, it will run video games and any other software without problems unless you have driver issues.

Ok I tried everything with this memory kit. I just couldnt get stable. I decided to sell them and purchase a higher rated memory kit(this is the corsair site, so I wont say). Now Im pushing 2.4ghz on my 3200+ and I passed prime95 Torture test (24hrs+) and I get no crashes in my games. My reads are 6900 and writes 2700. I think this motherboard is wacky tobackee. Man just this OC raised my lowest frames per second up by 15fps. Thats awesome. Anyways thanks for the help.

Archived