Corsair Community

CUE Lags PC when the RGB lights change color

RandomMan254

TL;DR: CUE lags everything on my pc when it changes the colors on the keyboard

If anyone could help me, that would be great. I just got the Corsair K70 RGB Quickfire. It lags everything, and makes all my games unplayable. When CUE is not open, everything runs perfectly fine. I have 64 bit operating system, and have made exceptions in my AV for CUE just to be safe. So far, the only color presets that seem to not lag is Color Shift, and Type Lighting (Key). I will be checking this post daily for any replies. Thanks. If this gets too unbearable, I will just uninstall CUE or just return the keyboard, as this is very annoying, and should be very optimized since this program is on version 2.15.

I have tried different USB ports, updated the keyboard's firmware, but have not updated BIOS. I am on the latest version of Windows 10 of build 1607.

I have lowered the polling rate down to 4, and that seemed to fix my lag issue, however now I am experiencing a problem where I go into certain games, and as soon as I hit a key, it disconnects the keyboard, and reconnects it. After this happens I have to restart CUE, or close it to use my keyboard.

I basically can not use CUE with certain games, as this does not happen when CUE is closed. I am also running an older version of CUE, which is version 1.16, which seems to be much more stable as well.

Well, I have found out what the issue is. My drawing tablet conflicts with my keyboard, or CUE. I am not sure why but it just does. I plug my tablet into one of my front ports on my PC, and then try to type with the tablet plugged in and then the keyboard and CUE stop working properly.