Corsair Community

CMX512-3200XLPRO Problem

Staveinator

I recently purchased this Corsair CMX512-3200XLPRO ram twin pack and I have a dual channel ram problem. When I run Memtest86, I get errors on test 7. When I ran each stick by itself(for 40 mins) they had no problems. Should I run the test's longer? My Pc randomly restarts and gets the blue screen of death when I play games. When it's just running windows, it seems to be fine. When windows starts, it says that it recovered from a serious error but can never tell me what caused it. I can't finish prime95, it errors, says roundings should be below .4 but mine are at .5. Any help on this matter will be appriciated. Thanks

Specs

Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum(Latest 1.4 Bios Update)

Ram: Corsair XMS 3200XLPRO 512X2 matched 2-2-2-5

CPU: AMD Athlon 4000+ @2411Mhz (Never Overclocked)

Video Card: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb

Sound: Creative Audigy 2 Zs Platinum

HD: Seagate Barricuda 160 GB Sata

• Corsair Employees
Please try and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and test them again, if you still get errors I would move the modules to the other 2 slots and load setup defaults in the bios and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts.

Hi there. I bought some Corsair PC3200XL 1024MB and am getting similar problems. My setup is an AMD 64 3000+ with a Gigabyte K8T800 and a 9800 Pro. I get fatal errors in Prime 95 saying that it should have been less than 0.4 but I got 0.5. I also have the same problems with random quitting and restarting.

When I ran Prime 95 torture test one time it sat there for 2.5 hours on the first test without any errors. When I put my old RAM back in, it finished the first 3 tests in 15 minutes. I also had this problem on an AMD XP 2500+ test setup. I sent the modules back to the store but they seem to think the modules are fine. Has anyone got any suggestions that don't involve increasing the voltage because that will void my warranty.

When I get the modules back I am going to relax the timings and see how that goes, but I'm not sure if it will help.

Archived