Corsair Community

?? concerning the pump..........

mr. Charles

I have a question concerning the pump of the HydroCool: Will this pump have no problem's in concerning the efficiency of, WHEN the new GPU/NorthBridge WaterBlock's are out and, installed with the CPU waterblock??? Or is there gonna be and updated pump that must be purchased for being able to run all three of these block's within one's system????:roll: much appreciate your quick response for this curious question, thx Cool Guy.........

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Taodragon00 [/i] [B]Good job buddy. Theres a way to kill a cpu...j/k lol. [/B][/QUOTE] It's not all bad either since my Intel exec contact is sending me a warranty replacement... Either it was inserting the CPU that caused it or it was when I tried to mount the waterblock when mounting one retention clip raised the other side.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mr. Charles [/i] [B]ooooooOOOOOOOO.......bad news....:eek: ...........srry to hear about that Almighty............:brick: :brick: ........but hopefully you'll have it remedied, eh ! ! ! :rolleyes: :beatchair [/B][/QUOTE] Well, I'm waiting for Intel to ship my replacement CPU since it's still pending for shipment. I probably didn't push it all the way in the socket before I pushed the lever down on the socket since with my case, it's hard to apply the thermal compound with the CPU in the socket so I always do the thermal compound first and then put the cpu in the socket. I guess lessons are always a good thing since atleast now, I'll know to push down on the four corners prior to pushing the lever down.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by osm3um [/i] [B]It is my understanding the pump is made by Bosch. If that is true ist should last forever as Bosch makes incredible equipment/pumps....check out their dishwashers for example! Bob [/B][/QUOTE] Heh, Bosch is known for their Spark Plugs and their engine computers used in BMW's.... Even though, it's German. I think Eheim (German) might be better in pumps as Eheim is used in pond pumps which is basically what all the waterpumps are. Pondmaster is good too but I guess the Bosch pump used in the HydroCool is more of the really reliable type as it's probably used in cars and you don't hear of Bosch pumps breaking down. As for their dishwashers, it seems like Bosch, Asaka and Miele all are known to be good. Bosch and Miele are German and I have never heard of any broke down. Asaka is from Sweden and it seems to not be very reliable.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Almighty1 [/i] [B]Well, I'm waiting for Intel to ship my replacement CPU since it's still pending for shipment. I probably didn't push it all the way in the socket before I pushed the lever down on the socket since with my case, it's hard to apply the thermal compound with the CPU in the socket so I always do the thermal compound first and then put the cpu in the socket. I guess lessons are always a good thing since atleast now, I'll know to push down on the four corners prior to pushing the lever down. [/B][/QUOTE] Well, it shouldn't be that hard to apply thermal compound with your pinky. You don't want it think so you should be able to tell if you can barely see the metal covering the top of the chip. But to each his own.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Taodragon00 [/i] [B]Well, it shouldn't be that hard to apply thermal compound with your pinky. You don't want it think so you should be able to tell if you can barely see the metal covering the top of the chip. But to each his own. [/B][/QUOTE] Actually, it's hard because while the case is big. My room doesn't have much space that it's easy for me to bump into something. Since when I move my case out, my big chair is preventing me to do anything. Applying Arctic Silver 3 can be a task compared to applying Nanotherm PCM+. I guess your case is smaller when you lay it flat on the floor. My case is a SuperMicro SC762 Super Full Tower Server case as can be seen here... [IMG]http://pele.wurldlink.net/~vince/SuperMicroSC762/1.JPG[/IMG] [IMG]http://pele.wurldlink.net/~vince/SuperMicroSC762/2.JPG[/IMG]

Gzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............almighty ! ! ! !? ? it looks like a " Spagetti-Bowl of wire's in there ................:eyebuldge :eek: :beatchair ...............just jokin with ya................:nodding: .................how's it goin Almighty???// have ya gotten around with the HydroCool yet????

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mr. Charles [/i] [B]Gzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............almighty ! ! ! !? ? it looks like a " Spagetti-Bowl of wire's in there ................:eyebuldge :eek: :beatchair ...............just jokin with ya................:nodding: .................how's it goin Almighty???// have ya gotten around with the HydroCool yet???? [/B][/QUOTE] Haha, it's hard to organize the stuff because I have a lot of stuff in the case and I still have a 5.25" floppy drive. The HydroCool is all setted up. I'm just waiting for Airborne Express to deliver my CPU which should be sometime next week as it shipped yesterday... I'm just wondering if Nanotherm PCM+ would work better in this setup than the ShinEtsu Microsil G751 that Coolguy is sending me as that and the coolant which was missing from my outpost.com package.

:eeeeek: :rofl: :eeeeek: :hmmm: ..............a 5.25 drv??????....U have got 2 B kidding? ! ? ! ? ! :roll: :eek: :eyebuldge :beatchair :beatchair :beatchair ..............i m totally shocked.......:dunno: ..........ah, well, if ya gotta have it.....then.................:praise: :praise: :roll:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mr. Charles [/i] [B]:eeeeek: :rofl: :eeeeek: :hmmm: ..............a 5.25 drv??????....U have got 2 B kidding? ! ? ! ? ! :roll: :eek: :eyebuldge :beatchair :beatchair :beatchair ..............i m totally shocked.......:dunno: ..........ah, well, if ya gotta have it.....then.................:praise: :praise: :roll: [/B][/QUOTE] I kid you not, look at the first picture I posted. Hehe, except the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe only supports one floppy in the BIOS but the Winbond Super I/O Chipset it uses can support up to 4 drives so this is a feature they will add to a future BIOS. Coolguy can probably answer a question. I was reading the HydroCool reviews and it says the ShinEtsu MicroSil stuff is actually Thermal Adhesive and not Thermal Grease, I just hope it's the later and not the former as I don't want the CPU to be permanently stuck to the WC Block. :eek:

..........Almighty1, ............. you stated yu got the HydroCool installed and hooked up ; but ya haven't turned it on (by it's self) to check for leak's and all???? .... or can ya do that??? and also did ya have much prob's of install er was it a piece of cake????:confused: :D:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mr. Charles [/i] [B]..........hey, Almighty1..................just to let ya know, i use AS3/ceramique; on my system now with AIR cooling, (according to sig's), and check out what i am running for temp's now.........:eyebuldge :eek: :cool: [/B][/QUOTE] What did you do to get your temps that low? I heard Ceramique might be better than the regular AS3 but it's like glue too and can pull your CPU out of the socket when you try to remove the heatsink. Atleast, that's what people on [url]www.hardforums.com[/url] claims.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mr. Charles [/i] [B]..................btw.........the reading for the CPU Fan's RPM, is actually reading the RPM of the NorthBridge's Fan= RPM............ just if your wondering how that Zalman's Fan is flying so .........:roll: :eek: :greengrin [/B][/QUOTE] From my memory, the Zalman was at 2600-2700RPM's or was it 2900RPM. Can't remember. I've been down for one week on that setup...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mr. Charles [/i] [B]..........Almighty1, ............. you stated yu got the HydroCool installed and hooked up ; but ya haven't turned it on (by it's self) to check for leak's and all???? .... or can ya do that??? and also did ya have much prob's of install er was it a piece of cake????:confused: :D: [/B][/QUOTE] Yeah, the HydroCool is installed, hooked up but I only have AquaFina in there but no coolant yet and I don't have that thermal paste. I have turned on the machine and left it running for the last 5 days with no CPU and it's not leaking or anything. It was pretty easy to install though. The thing that concerns me is that if you read the HydroCool 200 reviews, none of them used the ShinEtsu Microsil Thermal Paste/Adhesive that comes with the HC200 at all. They all use the normal ArcticSilver3 which if you read the reviews would be in 4th place. For Air and Watercooling, the Nanotherm PCM+ is supposedly the best followed by ShinEtsu Microsil G751 and then the Arctic Silver Ceramique and then Arctic Silver 3. So the reviews aren't giving the HC200 the best temps because they are using something inferior to what ships with the HC200. Ofcourse in one review, they refer to the stuff the HC ships with as Thermal Proxy so only CoolGuy can clarify that one... [url]http://www.hexus.co.uk/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD01OTImdXJsX3BhZ2U9Nw==[/url] See this for a review of the thermal compounds... [url]http://www.thecrucible.ca/reviews/thermal/[/url] I did find one review that uses what HC provides... [url]http://www.ocprices.com/index.php?rev_id=168&cat_id=1041&action=reviews[/url]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mr. Charles [/i] [B]............just Pm'd ya, Almighty1,.... cuz it is basically off the subject of this thread..........:D: :rolleyes: :nutkick: [/B][/QUOTE] yeah, that's true... I guess the only thing on topic is that question to CoolGuy about the Thermal Compound that comes with the HC200...

Archived