Corsair Community

Corsair Commander Mini not working after 4.8.0.82

chrizno

Hello. My Commander Mini does not seem to work after i updated to 4.8.0.82. I've also tried to update to the latest 4.8.2.1 without any difference. The CL software doesn't even seem to register the unit itself under devices. And if it weren't obvious, no other devices (fans connected only) is found by the software either.

In SIV the device says connected, but: "I/O Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning."

I've tried reinstalling, downgrading to 4.7, 4.6 and even 4.5. I've tried to remove the drivers manually and reinstall. I've tried to change USB-port on the motherboard as well. No luck.

Any help in how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated!

In SIV the device says connected, but: "I/O Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning."

I guess it's [uSB Bus] reporting this, is it?

This typically happens when the CLCC firmware crashes, shutdown the system, unplug it for two minutes and when see what [uSB Bus] reports.

What does [Link Devices] report? Post the screen shot.

Thank you for the quick reply, ray. I was actually crossing my fingers you would answer :-)

And yes, it is indeed the USB bus reporting that message. I've also tried to unplug it for a couple of minutes, with no effect.

3jVe9ZfjRf5TinaWR_Y0VByTXQdIPTRrzkPIG9RsFn4?dl=0&size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

Edited by chrizno

I've also tried to unplug it for a couple of minutes, with no effect.

1. Exactly what is "it"
  2. Press all the [uninstall] buttons to cleanup the ghost devices.
  3. Totally closedown CL4 'till the CLCC seems to be working and the I/O Error 31 has gone.
  4. Until the red blob changes to blue then there is an issue. The red blob should have a tool tip.
  5. Press [Restart] a couple of times and hope!
  6. Hot unplug the CLCC SATA power for 20 seconds and then re-plug it.

Edited by red-ray

attachment.php?attachmentid=30930&d=1504127078

Mines not working either, however mines not showing the same as his, its simply showing its "offline" under SIV.

The CLCC has not been detected by Windows. When was it last reported and what has changed since then?

Does Device Manager report any devices with errors? If so what is the error code?

Does [uSB Bus] report it? I expect it won't.

Check that it's getting power via the SATA power connection.

Check the USB connection and try a different USB header

Sorry about that, Well two things happened just this morning and im not sure which caused it,

1. My windows updated to Creators.

2. CL4 updated(but even before the update I dont think it was showing anything at all).

My best guess is that the Creators update messed it up.

Also, im not 100% as to what im looking for under the USB bus tab(I'm rather new to this program since I literally just got it after searching the forums here. color me incompetent)

EDIT: I attached a image of the hub. JIC you needed it.

Siv2.thumb.png.415570b9d010e0582af2cbbe77a5bbcb.png

Edited by Cryonight

attachment.php?attachmentid=30932&d=1504130767

Two Failed requests on a USB device, I believe its the right one. No straight Device errors though.

I have seen this happen before.

Right/Click on each problem device and choose uninstall

Shutdown the system and unplug it from the mains for 2 minutes

Boot up the system and ideally post new Device Manager + USB Bus + [Link Devices] screen shots as seeing these will make it easier for me to help next time a member has this issue.

If the CLCC in now on-line post [Link Status] as well

Edited by red-ray
Explain why I would like to see the images

So mine appeared the same as Cryonight. I did uninstall on the device, then poweroff, unplug and wait 2 minutes before poweron. Now mine appears as "USB Input device" in devmgmt and it has this status:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

SIV doesn't detect it under Link devices, but the USB bus still has the same error.

By the way, I've tried all the steps you mention earlier, Ray, with no result(well, result, but not the wanted one :-)

Edited by chrizno