Corsair Community

TWINX2048-3200PRO for ASUS P4C800-E deluxe board?

J_M_C_123

TWINX2048-3200PRO for ASUS P4C800-E deluxe board?

I want two gigs of memory in 2 sticks (since the Monarch rep said four strips requires slowing memory down [i was going to get 2 gigs either way]). Corsair's memory selector page --"RAM Guy"-- at Monarch.com says 'TWINX1024XL' is best for the type of board I chose (ASUS P4C800-E deluxe). I need TWINX2042 to get 2gigs in two sticks. Why doesn't the RAM Guy page give TWINX2042 as an option?

Ie, will it be better or worse to get the TWINX2042PRO for that ASUS P4C800-E deluxe board? (By better or worse I mean like when it's not as good to get mem higher than DDR (400) 3200 [for applicable board] unless you overclock; The higher stuff still goes in the DDR(400)3200 slots fine it just isn't as good.)

The computer will be for gaming and video.

• Corsair Employees

Well let’s put it this way.

For best performance I would suggest just one set of Twinx1024-3200XL. However, if you need to run 2.0 Gig of memory I would suggest Twinx2048-3200C2. And that module was released after this MB was added to the configurator is most likely why its not an option!

Well let’s put it this way.

For best performance I would suggest just one set of Twinx1024-3200XL. However, if you need to run 2.0 Gig of memory I would suggest Twinx2048-3200C2. And that module was released after this MB was added to the configurator is most likely why its not an option!

Thanks for the response.

TWINX2048-3200C2'PT' (platinum) is better how?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
That would 2 1.0 Gig modules so you can run them at 1t Command rate and if you install 4 modules you may have to run them at DDR333 to make the system stable! Not to mention you would have to set the Command rate to 2T as well.

Archived